Discuss What's wrong with this picture? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just got called to quote for a new job, and as part of doing so I asked to check the board. This is a Niglon board, fitted by a sparky about 18 months ago. Answers on a postcard if you can spot an issue!! Bonus point if you can guess the four letter word I muttered.
IMG20210413181415.jpg

I've never heard of niglon before, but from a lot of pictures I've seen, the main switch is either in the middle or on the left, this one has two, the one on the right, the other is behind my arm in the middle. I'm really baffled as to what's gone on here. I dread to think what I'll find when I take the cover off

Pic please!

As above, can’t see the full horror because your bloomin great mitt hides most.
in addition, it looks like there’s another main switch (the 100A MEM one behind your hand).
it smells of a dual RCD CU where the RCDs were tripping due to who knows what. The “electrician” has just swopped the RCDs for main switches and legged it.

oh and Ps. The earth strap to the front cover is broken.
What a mess.

I've never heard of niglon before, but from a lot of pictures I've seen, the main switch is either in the middle or on the left, this one has two, the one on the right, the other is behind my arm in the middle. I'm really baffled as to what's gone on here. I dread to think what I'll find when I take the cover off
Back in the 80's we used to get Niglon strip connectors.

Reply to What's wrong with this picture? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
I have this motor from my egg rocker which the incubator was old and needed remaking, it’s a synchrononus 4watt motor that turns my plan is to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock