Discuss which is the best route to take next in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i studied level 2 2330 level 2 back in 2015 and had a few family problems so never enrolled in to the level 3.
during lock down i decided to enrloll in to open university and ive nearly completed a HNC in electrical engineering (project and design modules left).

ive had a word with my current employer and i can shadow the maintenance engineers on my days off to gain some expeirence.

what would be the next logical step to take?

Thanks in advance

Level 3 NVQ and am2 are the only real way to go. Or go into some sort of higher ed with your hnc, but it won’t really apply to you if you’re wanting to become an electrician.

Thanks for the reply guys, I think the main goal at the moment is to qualify as an electrician and maybe towards engineering later on in life

I’m in the process of changing jobs so I can hopefully attend college to do the nvq3

Thanks for the reply guys, I think the main goal at the moment is to qualify as an electrician and maybe towards engineering later on in life

I’m in the process of changing jobs so I can hopefully attend college to do the nvq3
You don't do the NVQ at college - it's site based. In your situation i'd do the level 3 and then get some site work as a mate, go for your NVQ/AM2 that way.

You don't do the NVQ at college - it's site based. In your situation i'd do the level 3 and then get some site work as a mate, go for your NVQ/AM2 that way.
I’m sure they were offering it when I was doing the 2330 unless I was mistaken.
Thanks for the information I’ll have a look into when when I get home

I’m sure they were offering it when I was doing the 2330 unless I was mistaken.
Thanks for the information I’ll have a look into when when I get home
Yeah you can do it as part of an apprenticeship but there's no actual singular NVQ that you can sign up for at college.

It will be done through a training provider and unless you've got 5 years on the tools and can go for the Experienced Worker route, you'll need the Level 3 before you can do the NVQ.

Reply to which is the best route to take next in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net