Discuss Which underfloor heating control panel? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My customer wants to change her control panel for her underfloor heating. She finds it too complicated and wants something more simple.

I have only ever fitted the ones that the customer has supplied along with the underfloor heating.

Here is the one she has at the moment:
Which underfloor heating control panel? 20190425_173406 - EletriciansForums.net
Can anyone recommend one that would be interchangeable with the one above?

Thanks.

On the basis you are referring to electric underfloor heating, I fitted a Wi-fi app enabled Thermotouch unit for our shower room .... far easier to set up and manage imho .... not cheap though.

Thanks for that Murdoch but I really can't see this lady having a smart phone :).

Here are a couple I have found if anyone has any knowledge of them?
1. https://www.screwflix..com/p/blyss-...rc=aw.ds#product_additional_details_container
2. Warmup Tempo Thermostat - Porcelain White - http://www.theunderfloorheatingstore.com/warmup-tempo-porcelain-white-thermostat?utm_source=google_shopping&m=simple_associated&gclid=CjwKCAjwwZrmBRA7EiwA4iMzBGY-SKqlDmqLnlsl72LXFBayQ_CzHSljv-obz_fplAO9jGmINoRAChoCv7UQAvD_BwE

Are you looking for something really basic?
Does it need to be digital and programmable?
If not just go for a dial type thermostat

Are you looking for something really basic?
Does it need to be digital and programmable?
If not just go for a dial type thermostat
I did think about that, but I'm assuming the cable coming out of the present control panel goes to the thermostat under the floor which means I need one with the same function. Also the present location of the control panel is in the airing cupboard. This is just a straight swap, so a manual thermostat would have to go in the airing cupboard which would not work.

You'll need to establish the type of temperature sensor that is connected and find another controller that will work with that sensor.
Or try and change the temperature sensor.

Hopefully you can find a spec sheet for the existing controller online which shoukd tell you the type of sensor it has.

Most of them have the same switch rating of 16A but obviously you'll need to check the new one to confirm.

Reply to Which underfloor heating control panel? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock