Discuss Which VAN in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Run around in a Renault Trafic,nice and comfortable and enough room to throw all my gear in.

Bought it brand new and wouldn't buy a secondhand one due to the known gearbox problem.

Astra Vans are good but what do you want to carry? All they are is an estate with the windows welded up (not punched out if you want to get pedantic) and two less doors.

Edit: My 02 plate estate lasted us well over 50,000 with only one mechanical glitch and is now being used by the garage I traded it in at as a security vehicle, those things will last forever if looked after correctly.

Umm so astra van good bad? Old better than new? Paying 2000 instead of 4500? :p back on track guys ;)

With the way your business is set up would it not be easier to have 2 cheaper vehicles at either end with ladders and other large plant also just carrying your hand tools and powertools between sites in a cheap run around?

Astra Vans are good but what do you want to carry? All they are is an estate with the windows welded up (not punched out if you want to get pedantic) and two less doors.

Edit: My 02 plate estate lasted us well over 50,000 with only one mechanical glitch and is now being used by the garage I traded it in at as a security vehicle, those things will last forever if looked after correctly.

i had an estate before the van,was easier with the doors and the gear on the back seats,but the no back seat rule made me get the van,tho you can fit the bulk head behind the fronts seats on the estate so you get van space with the doors,but the down side is all the scum can see your gear..

Local girlfriend would be a good idea, but all huddersfield girls are boring lol... And they all stuck up like they all want millionairs >.>

Ohhh yes, seriously though there not interested unless u got money... My mates a part time male model.. full time asda employee so hes not exactly got much cash.. and he hasnt had a GF for 4 years none are interested bizzare huddersfield shocking for women#

I met my women on holiday in tenerife 1st day met her, started chatting got to like her.. Met up with her for abit when got back and just ended up going out

Pros are i only see her on weekend so get to chill out with mates, relax and do what i want on week
Cons are gotta drive down there every other weekend 200 miles lol

Ohhh yes, seriously though there not interested unless u got money... My mates a part time male model.. full time asda employee so hes not exactly got much cash.. and he hasnt had a GF for 4 years none are interested bizzare huddersfield shocking for women#

I met my women on holiday in tenerife 1st day met her, started chatting got to like her.. Met up with her for abit when got back and just ended up going out

Pros are i only see her on weekend so get to chill out with mates, relax and do what i want on week
Cons are gotta drive down there every other weekend 200 miles lol

thats not a girlfriend,its a penpal mate...

Much to my surprise I bought a stunningly low mileage 59 plate Transit SWB 280 earlier this year (in white, of course) and can't fault it. Comfortable, decent economy and loads of room in the back even after racking out. Even comes with MP3 stereo as standard.

The only downside is looking like a bricky.

Reply to Which VAN in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net