Discuss Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I spoke directly with them only a few weeks ago at the elecshow in Manchester , they told me exactly that anyone joining the scheme has to have two years experience, however when I spoke at great length with niceic it was different story and they didnt require this , I also confirmed this on the stroma site. while stroma is the cheapest option , there story is confusing therefore I would love stroma to verify the situation on this post

I spoke directly with them only a few weeks ago at the elecshow in Manchester , they told me exactly that anyone joining the scheme has to have two years experience, however when I spoke at great length with niceic it was different story and they didnt require this , I also confirmed this on the stroma site. while stroma is the cheapest option , there story is confusing therefore I would love stroma to verify the situation on this post
I've an email from them saying otherwise. Probably a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Been lots of people say their admin team isn't up to scratch

I joined Stroma from Elecsa last August. Had to show the usual quals certs, 17th Ed, PL, BYB & OSG and my CV.
Assessment day wasn't too bad showed a c/u upgrade with x 2 new circuits for kitchen extension.
I had to show him my lock off kit and then was asked to describe how to conduct a full RFC test and R1+R2 test on a lighting circuit, and then had to perform Ze, ZS and RCD tests. Also had to answer a few questions about BS7671
The £288 inc VAT registration fee has paid for itself :rockon:

I'm currently with the NIC, been with them about 14 years now. I've had my fair share of issues with them over the years. My renewal is due soon and I'm thinking of making a change to another scam....er....scheme. Not sure which is the best as most seem to be pretty much the same (at least the well known one's). How do you find Stroma?

Cheers David

I'm currently with the NIC, been with them about 14 years now. I've had my fair share of issues with them over the years. My renewal is due soon and I'm thinking of making a change to another scam....er....scheme. Not sure which is the best as most seem to be pretty much the same (at least the well known one's). How do you find Stroma?

Cheers David

I was with the NIC 12 years David, I had no issues though.
I changed to Napit this year purely because they emailed me with an offer to change. £300 this year and £360 next. This years came with a credit of £50.00 for notifications and another freebie I could choose.
Been with them 4 months now and all's fine, no issues. I'm only concerned with notifications really, I've had no need to use their help line yet so I can't comment on that. I used the Nic help line a few times and they were fine.
I'm betting they're all much of a muchness, so in future if I can save a couple of hundred pounds I'll change again.

I was with the NIC 12 years David, I had no issues though.
I changed to Napit this year purely because they emailed me with an offer to change. £300 this year and £360 next. This years came with a credit of £50.00 for notifications and another freebie I could choose.
Been with them 4 months now and all's fine, no issues. I'm only concerned with notifications really, I've had no need to use their help line yet so I can't comment on that. I used the Nic help line a few times and they were fine.
I'm betting they're all much of a muchness, so in future if I can save a couple of hundred pounds I'll change again.

Right, cheers for that info ;)

Reply to Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net