Discuss Why don't values in the OSG table I1 match those calculated? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am really puzzled by this, but I suppose there is an obvious answer / reason!

Anyway, Table I1 in the OSG says the mΩ/m value for copper with a CSA of 25mm2 is 0.727. However, when I calculate the R value using the formula:
1702076319074.png
I get 0.688... Does anyone know why the values aren't the same?

Thanks Connor

The conductivity value stated on Wikipedia, etc, will be for pure crystal copper, not the annealed stuff with traces of oxygen and other elements used for power cables. I'm not sure if that is enough to explain the difference, but in any case for design work you should use the figures from the cable manufacturing standards, which as @Timbo points out, as the figures that count in the regulations.

Reply to Why don't values in the OSG table I1 match those calculated? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've been looking over the table in GN3 for the resistance of copper conductors per meter and there is something causing a form of OCD to manifest...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, On the drawing it says the system's TN-C-S with declared Ze = 0,008 Ω and prospective fault current declared as 50kA When I...
Replies
Views
JuniorSparky
J
Hi guys, I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me understand the answer to this question from a well known guide-book on 'Inspection...
Replies
Views
B
I'm trying to get my head around using the adiabatic to calculate minimum size earth conductors and realised I am getting myself confused over...
Replies
Views
Geoffsd
G
A
I will just apologize to everyone in advance because of my English,, as well as for long post, I just don't know how shorten it :o.. I'm...
Replies
Views
azzaman77
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock