Discuss Wifi Connected SMARTSTAT installation in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mdljk

-
Reaction score
Hello - I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar System Boiler. I have a simple Honeywell programmer at the boiler to programme both HW and Heating. I have a Honeywell CM67 programmable roomstat. I have a hot water cylinder with cylinder-stat.

All works well but having a WB 30i system condensing boiler (not hot water on demand through a combi) I have to override the HW programmer settings if I want more HW outside the timed period (and then often forget to switch back from constant to timed wasting £) I also have enough unpredictability in my schedule to benefit from a Wifi connected SMARTSTAT. Tado claims to be the easiest for self-install but I would appreciate any feedback on....

Best Wifi connected room stat with HW programmer
Those to avoid
Best for ease of non-professional self-install

Many thanks for anything you can offer.

If you already have a programmable room stat then you have 2 time clocks in series presently for CH. You don't need that but ca still utilise it like you have been.

Anyway, any 2 channel WIFI time clock will do but depending on your valve arrangement you may then need one with an NC contact aswell for the HW.

What valves do you have on your system?

If you already have a programmable room stat then you have 2 time clocks in series presently for CH. You don't need that but ca still utilise it like you have been.

Anyway, any 2 channel WIFI time clock will do but depending on your valve arrangement you may then need one with an NC contact aswell for the HW.

O

Thanks

I have a mid port valve with cylinder stat. Does the addition of HW function significantly increase installation difficulty for a Wi-Fi connected SMARTSTAT?

Install the nest app on your phone and run through the comprehensive installation instructions built in.

Reply to Wifi Connected SMARTSTAT installation in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock