Discuss wifi switch for shed lights installation ip65 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

fergie

DIY
Reaction score
Hello i am looking for a wifi switch that would be suitable for a shed workshop Ip65 rated, that would be able to be wired so that the standard weatherproof light switch for the shed lights will still be able to be used to turn them on and off but that i can also use the wifi switch to turn them on and off aswell. Is this possible and if so where would i be able to get such a switch?

Thank you

I presume the quinetic range has a suitable switch

Seems to be the goto for wireless switching here

They're non- WiFi afaik so may not suit depending on the application

If you go the Quinetic route, for wifi control, you would need to insert one of these in your lighting circuit -
It requires both a live and neutral feed, so may have to go somewhere other than where your existing light switch is

And then a Quinetic light switch (or several if you want!) to operate it locally:

They do a remote button if you just want to turn it on/off from say your house.

The phone that runs the app has to be on the same wifi network as the Quinetic switch. Alexa and Siri supported!
Presumably you have a decent wifi signal at the shed?

Reply to wifi switch for shed lights installation ip65 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
I'm considering using several of the remote WiFi switch sets to control a group of five different lights. The existing switches are all grouped...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to get the lionshare of a small shed wired before a friendly electrician does the needful. I'm a confident DIYer, but I would...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom fan with a moisture detector that turns it on and off. It also has a control circuit to turn it on/off when moisture is not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock