Discuss Will you be having the vaccine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will you have the Covid 19 vaccine

• Yes

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Simple yes or no.

will you take the vaccine willingly? Or are you one of the few % that think the whole thing is a hoax.... like an alien monolith in Utah.

1606959308188.png

I new it would not work doctor. Lol.

For me, it’s not so much about if i will take it.
More about when.

I am not a conspiracy believer
Previous drugs for other disease and viruses have caused long term health affects for many people around the world, only time will tell if this is safe for use and effective.

I hope it is the success that everyone wants it to be, especially as it would seem the medical and care professionals are some of the first to get it.
If there is a section of the community that we could do without loosing at the moment, it is them!!

I will take the pfizer one if offered but I would rather take the Oxford one from what I've read .Its a bit concerning that the government have signed a legal indemnity agreement that prevents pfizer from being sued or any individual bringing a future lawsuit against them over this vaccine.
I think this is a normal thing that happens with any medicine or vaccine. Headlines are written to make you think it’s unusual and you should be suspicious.

I will be having it. I’m in the 45- 50 age range, so it will be well tested before I get any.

I think this is a normal thing that happens with any medicine or vaccine. Headlines are written to make you think it’s unusual and you should be suspicious.

I will be having it. I’m in the 45- 50 age range, so it will be well tested before I get any.
so us over 70's coffinn dodgers will be the guinea pigs?

The tone of the OP suggests that if you don't agree with the vaccine you are a tin foil hat wearer. I think that attitude is somewhat prevalent and would hardly encourage discussion or even merit intelligent discussion as we know where the conversation will go. Ad Hominem attacks etc. ad nauseam.

I have read and listened to very credible analysis of the vaccine itself and the what it is we are inoculating against. I have to say the jury is out. I think I would rather watch a lot a people take it and see what happens to them. At the back of this we have the mildish (at the moment) threat of not being able to enjoin society without the vaccine. The lockdown looks like it's based on very shaky numbers/logic/science and maybe explains the backbenchers revolt in HoP. When I see BLM, Xrebellion getting a free pass to gather and truncheon bearing cops on lockdown protestors it does rather sour my view as to the integrity of all this matter.

I'm undoubtedly writing from a privileged position on this topic, Australia managed to clamp down on the virus that shall remain nameless due to a fortuitous combination of secure borders, low population density and quick (and by many standards draconian) lock-downs. With a total of <30,000 cases vs 10K new cases per day in the UK, we're now looking at the rest of the world with a mixture of frustration and pity.

That, and I guess my background in biochemical research makes me a bit more inclined to trust the teams producing these vaccine candidates.

I have no reservations in having the vaccine.
I've had T.B, Polio and various other vaccines and medications over the years with no apparent ill effects.
I've also been exposed to Blue asbestos whilst being sprayed in the 60's.

3 of my Grandchildren had the MMR vaccine in the U.K, then moved to the U.S and had to have their version as the U.K one didn't protect against the strains common over there.

I suspect the majority of anti vaccine or doubters will be in the age range 20 to 40, well have no fear as no-one under the age of 50 (including children) will be offered it unless they have serious underlying conditions that might make them more susceptible to serious illness from Covid.

I'm well over 50.

I can understand people being reluctant to taking something that has not been tested thoroughly. (and by thoroughly I mean over 5 to 10 years and charted any adverse affects)
You only have to look at the morning sickness pill that caused birth defects, and the complete lack of trust for anything a politician tells us, as to why some people are reluctant.
One of my friends has volunteered to to be one of the 'test' group.

I’ve been to Utah and I must’ve missed that monolith :) .
I will get flu vacc this year as I definitely don’t want flu and kungflu at the same time.

having an inbuilt mistrust of the medical profession, (i've been incorrectly diagnosed 3 times in the last 5 years), i'll wait and see .

Reply to Will you be having the vaccine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net