Discuss wire in walls in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rum old fella, we live in a highly compeitive working world where time IS money regardless of whether we like it or not. We cannot simply go pulling new circuits in just to avoid crimping and plastering over. I have to do it regularly and although I think it is sometimes not ideal - it is the only option. Sparks HAVE to be quick (and safe) in todays working environment so I suggest you embrace the change my friend cos times are changing.

Rum old fella, we live in a highly compeitive working world where time IS money regardless of whether we like it or not. We cannot simply go pulling new circuits in just to avoid crimping and plastering over. I have to do it regularly and although I think it is sometimes not ideal - it is the only option. Sparks HAVE to be quick (and safe) in todays working environment so I suggest you embrace the change my friend cos times are changing.

Total rubbish ,your brainwashed,take your time ,do the job to your Best abillity and set your standards high,that way you will earn yourself a good reputation in the trade,there are plenty of employers out there who dont care how long a job takes ,as long as its right,and there are plenty of electricians all wanting to be the quickest,it always makes me laugh when i see them ,rushing about ,no t break,thinking theve got a good job.
chill out a bit ,relax into your work ,perfect it ,then think about going about earning the real money;)

If I chilled, took my time and had tea / lunch breaks then I would not get my work done. I would also only earn £11.79 an hour whereas if I rush and work quickly (but accurately) I earn double that. Bit of a no brainer really is it.:rolleyes:

If I chilled, took my time and had tea / lunch breaks then I would not get my work done. I would also only earn £11.79 an hour whereas if I rush and work quickly (but accurately) I earn double that. Bit of a no brainer really is it.:rolleyes:

Bit of a hare and tortoise situation :)

Yup, but sadly, being a tortoise doesn't pay the extortionate mortgage I have and the nice cars and the holidays etc etc etc. Modern day living I'm afraid.

Yup, but sadly, being a tortoise doesn't pay the extortionate mortgage I have and the nice cars and the holidays etc etc etc. Modern day living I'm afraid.

Your strategy seems to be working for you ,mine works for me;) have fun and for ****s sake chill out .you will end up with a heart attack,ive had one so im ok now:)

cant recall anyone giving the correct reg number to this question;
try526.1 to 526.5 17th edition
rum ,may we have another atvbitwww:D

hi wayne ,you could always post it up ,for those who havent got the book ,i dont need to know it personly ,i would never do it under any circumstances ,and i would ask anyone who did to change it ,so it dont matter whatever it says in the book really.
atvbitwww

Rum, you aboslutely shock me

you come on here pontificating about about how wonderful your standards are, criticize my teaching and ethics, simply becuase you appear to have difficulty in interpretating plain english, when all the time you are working as a sparks when you are not even qualified to the 16th edition, never mind the 17th edition

And heres the news flash - you DO need to know it. If you dont know the current rules then ergo you cant know:

A. When you are complying with them
B. When you are contravening them

Now i could go into a long tirade about the difference between acceptable practice and best practice, but quite frankly Rum, i dont think you would listen

Additionally, try reading my posts - when i did i ever mention plastering over crimped connections?

Yes, i discussed crimped connections buried in walls, but theres more than way to skin a cat

plastering over them after sealing them would be a solution.
Crimping them inside a sunken architrave box, then putting a blanking plate over that would be a better solution

crimping them and then sliding some oval conduit over the joint, and sealing it before plastering would also be better than just plastering over

and relacing the entire cable would be an even better solution.

However, Rum, theres the ideal world, where we use the best solution, and the real world that people like me and Ciruus inhabit, where sometimes we have to adapt a solution to the environment

Now if i told my students 'the only way is to replace the entire cable' that would be a lie

whereas if i said 'the BEST way is to replace the entire cable, however these are other soltions that are available to you' then that would be a true statement

And I reiterate my point Rum, if you do periodics, and pick something up you have to number it between 1 and 4 and back it up with a regs number that has been contravened

and in this case, YOU would not be able to

and finally Rum

:)

Reply to wire in walls in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock