Discuss Wireless UFH thermostat in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pretty Mouth

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All of the UFH thermostats that I have ever fitted have had the air temperature sensor integrated into the hard-wired wall mounted programmer, with the floor temp sensor cable also connected directly to it.

I have a small UFH job where the UFH will be the primary heat source, so an air sensor is necessary, but the room layout makes it difficult to have the air sensor and programmer located in the same place as the floor sensor.

It would be convenient if the programmer and air sensor were together in a battery powered unit that could be placed anywhere in the room, while a hard wired 'receiver' with connected floor sensor were fitted elsewhere, the 2 units communicating wirelessly.

Does such a product exist? Or is there another way to achieve the above?

Nest is your friend for this. Have done this many times - receivers based at the UHF manifold and the sensor remotely in the zone.

Nest is your friend for this. Have done this many times - receivers based at the UHF manifold and the sensor remotely in the zone.
Thanks @Rockingit . Just to clarify, I'm talking about electric UFH, and it sounds like you're referring to a wet system? Can Nest be used with an electric UFH system?

Thanks @Rockingit . Just to clarify, I'm talking about electric UFH, and it sounds like you're referring to a wet system? Can Nest be used with an electric UFH system?
Certainly can. When you set up the system it asks you for the type of energy source - and at the end of the day it‘s just a switch the same as any other sensor.

Reply to Wireless UFH thermostat in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock