Discuss Wiring a new D2 thermostat? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Red A
Yellow B
Blue (neutral) not required in the new thermostat.
The old thermostat has an accelerator to improve accuracy, which needed a neutral conductor.
The new thermostat does not have this feature.
Connect the blue into a connector block and tuck it out of the way.

Ok.
Red A
Yellow B
The old thermostat has an accelerator to improve accuracy, which needed a neutral conductor.

Red A
Yellow B
So A would be red, B would be yellow, and would I put the earth in C or just snip that off as it wouldn't be needed?.
I am trying to upload photos but with no luck at the moment..
Red A
Yellow B

Red A
Yellow B
So A would be red, B would be yellow, and would I put the earth in C or just snip that off as it wouldn't be needed?.
I am trying to upload photos but with no luck at the moment..

Don't snip the earth, as it may be needed in future. It should be sleeved green and yellow and terminated in a connector block.
DO NOT connect anything into C, unless you want to hear a bang!

Red A
Yellow B
both wired as stated but not getting no response from the boiler!. Turned the thermostat up to 24 degrees just to make sure and still nothing.
Any ideas??
Just to add, boiler works fine when heating hot water.

Reply to Wiring a new D2 thermostat? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net