Discuss wiring a new three-bed house costs? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

steve2018

-
DIY
Reaction score
Been given quotes and wondered if reasonable. One is for wiring a new three-bed house as around £2,500. Is this a standard cost?

Hi - it seems very cheap, but it depends on what is being installed. A room with a light, a switch and two power outlets will be less than the same room with 6 down lights and a dimmer, 4 outlets, a tv outlet and a security sensor for example.

Probably the minimum basic spec as Wilko says. Even so that's worryingly cheap, but then new builds nowadays are all about smashing it in quick for cheap with no quality.

You’ll find companies will give a cheap quote like this for the basics, and then push up the price with extras. Ie downlights, tv points, etc.
So, yes. The quote is reasonable if on the cheap side.
Check they have covered regulatory aspects for new builds in the basic quote such as smoke and heat detectors. These should not be additional extras

Reply to wiring a new three-bed house costs? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all I've been changing the halogen downlighters in my house to LED's. I have three rooms that use dimmers, two of them have two switches each...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Without running new wire or at least ground, next best is GFCI receptacles for limited protection. I know about a bootleg ground to fool a tester...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock