Discuss Wiring repair of floor edge sander in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

VacuumRepair

Hi, Can anyone help with the repair of a Bona Mini Edge sander?
Replacing the mains cable, the internal wiring was damaged and I think it has been rewired incorrectly - its not working.

My husband.
I was going to suggest you take the offending item to a repair outlet, but 1 of you has some electrical qualification which should be enough to check the item out.
If you are unsure, have you checked the fuse in the plug top, could be worth your while checking before you go to the repairers.

Pete999, we both have qualifications and, yes, he should have been more careful but we are where we are. I was hoping for something more specific to avoid a hefty repair bill. Fuse checked, switch checked. I am well aware how stupid it looks as we have thinks brought to us that customers have tried (and failed ) to repair themselves - and we have a good chuckle.

Pete999, we both have qualifications and, yes, he should have been more careful but we are where we are. I was hoping for something more specific to avoid a hefty repair bill. Fuse checked, switch checked. I am well aware how stupid it looks as we have thinks brought to us that customers have tried (and failed ) to repair themselves - and we have a good chuckle.
No worries sheet happens

Found some stuff off their website but not all the links are marked with the cable colours. Its an expensive machine so wanted to talk through the possibilities before making any more mistakes.

Found some stuff off their website but not all the links are marked with the cable colours. Its an expensive machine so wanted to talk through the possibilities before making any more mistakes.
Well if neither of you are sure, and it's an expensive bit of kit then take it to a reliable repair outlet. you know it makes sense, good luck.

assuming it's a d.c. motor, with a commutator and brushgear, generally both the armature and field coils are in series.

230v AC.
Two wires going to the thermostat and two to the motor coil, from the pcb, which is difficult to get at.
I would have expected a brown and blue to each BUT its now wired two brown to the thermostat - which his Highness "thinks" is how it was.

230v AC.
Two wires going to the thermostat and two to the motor coil, from the pcb, which is difficult to get at.
I would have expected a brown and blue to each BUT its now wired two brown to the thermostat - which his Highness "thinks" is how it was.
Oh so it's Hubby who thinks he knows it all is it?

just try different combinations:

1. it works.
2. it don't work.
3. it goes bang.
4 give it to a Scouser. it will be weighed in before you finish your tea.

who said i wanted to be conclusive. it's past beer o'clock, sun's shining, why be serious?

Reply to Wiring repair of floor edge sander in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net