Discuss Working abroad - travel insurance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In just over a week I'm heading to the Falklands for a month, just got on to looking at travel insurance, every company I can find covers manual work on the ground only - as in one step up a ladder and you're not covered. Just wondered if anyone had any experience or recommendations for decent insurance companies that will give proper cover.

On a side note to that from someone that works overseas regularly be very careful to check that your life insurance will cover you for working abroad. It costs me an additional £90 per month for cover to work overseas. The company foots the bill for this plus covers us with a worldwide medi vac service that can be used in the event of an accident or illness.

Not sure of your exact contract / employment details. However, when I was working overseas via an agency we were referred to a company called Chubb Cega (Chega/Cega???). All I had to do was notify them my rotation dates and all was in hand, they may offer exclusive insurance to individuals. If you are working via an agency, best to give them a call as they will have dealt with this a thousand times over. Good Luck!

On a side note to that from someone that works overseas regularly be very careful to check that your life insurance will cover you for working abroad. It costs me an additional £90 per month for cover to work overseas. The company foots the bill for this plus covers us with a worldwide medi vac service that can be used in the event of an accident or illness.

good point about the Life insurance cover never thought of informing them when I work abroad, although few & far between & only for a few days at a time, but thanks.

Reply to Working abroad - travel insurance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net