Discuss Working on the forum next few weeks, this'll be the thread for 'suggestions' =) in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Hi all :D

Hope you are all doing alright.

I'm working on the forum for the next couple of weeks.

I will number the problems as they're found and agreed are a problem. You guys can reply and suggest stuff, and i'll add things to the list as we move forward.
  1. Number One HAS to be the Google Ads showing over some posts, for some people, on some browsers, some of the time. I think I've fixed this already, but it needs a day or two for me to say it is actually fixed so I'll leave it here.
  2. On a PC or laptop with big screen size, the forum looks busy. Too many menus maybe, maybe too many forums - or name of them too long? What do you think?
By all means contribute to this thread, but if you do, hit the reply button on the post you are replying to as I can see this thread getting long and confusing.

Anyway,

Thanks for using this forum whoever you are - YOU POSTING HERE HELPS THOUSANDS WHO JUST READ! So keep posting and replying. It all helps.

Hi all :D

Hope you are all doing alright.

I'm working on the forum for the next couple of weeks.

I will number the problems as they're found and agreed are a problem. You guys can reply and suggest stuff, and i'll add things to the list as we move forward.
  1. Number One HAS to be the Google Ads showing over some posts, for some people, on some browsers, some of the time. I think I've fixed this already, but it needs a day or two for me to say it is actually fixed so I'll leave it here.
  2. On a PC or laptop with big screen size, the forum looks busy. Too many menus maybe, maybe too many forums - or name of them too long? What do you think?
By all means contribute to this thread, but if you do, hit the reply button on the post you are replying to as I can see this thread getting long and confusing.

Anyway,

Thanks for using this forum whoever you are - YOU POSTING HERE HELPS THOUSANDS WHO JUST READ! So keep posting and replying. It all helps.
No problems at all on a laptop running Chrome. Threads are uninterrupted, with all the other stuff down the RH side.
On my phone - an absolute mess. Difficult to find the reply box amongst all the rubbish, and on occasions I've written out a post, only to find I cant access the 'post reply' button.

At a first glance, the forum likes fine to me (not "too busy, too many menus, maybe too many forums", etc), using twin 27" monitors on a Windows 7 desktop. I run uBlock Origin, so don't see Google advertisements, etc.

Guys I have locked this thread up as we have 2 same threads on the go, I will get admin to move the relevant posts over to the other thread before we delete this duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working on the forum next few weeks, this'll be the thread for 'suggestions' =) in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net