Discuss Workwear how times have changed, what do you wear to work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just harping back to when I started, herringbone jacket, flannel shirt with matching tie, bib and brace overalls an polished shoes, bits of bog paper stuck to your face where you cut yourself shaving in cold water, catch the bus, get to the office to find out what your next job was, none of this "does the job come with a van etc etc, visit the Wholesalers, carry all the kit to the job. Tin hat firmly on ready for all the bulls88t coming my way. Off you go Boys take the P78s water off a ducks back.:bus::walking:

cargo pants, logo'd polo shirt, trainers ( i refuse to wear crippling safety boots. heaviest thing i've dropped on a foot in 50 years was a bottle of scotch, and the foot went in to save the booze).
cargo pants, logo'd polo shirt, trainers ( i refuse to wear crippling safety boots. heaviest thing i've dropped on a foot in 50 years was a bottle of scotch, and the foot went in to save the booze).
What's your logo Tel?

When not wearing flares, boiler suits were the fashion in my time, including underpants & vests, although when it got a bit warm......

Separates seem the norm now, seems we've all succumbed to being fashion conscious, even in the work place ;)

Believe it or not, I knew a bloke who was such a narcissist everytime he got new overalls he would get them altered so he didn't ruin his street cred , Prat.

One of the last big companies I worked for, you had to do some 'probation' before you were given a set of their overalls with their poxy name on the back. We were still all desperate to get a pair though. Funny how logo things have always desired.

Always had to wear Logo'd boiler suits years ago over a shirt / tie & smart shoes, great in winter, not so much in summer.

Nowadays it's Polo shirt, Cargo's & safety boots in summer. Add Sweatshirt / Fleece in winter & Waterproof jacket in the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always boiler suits up to the eyballs in grease and blackjack down the cut.
In the shop a cleaner boiler suit and similar shirt to Pete.
Always safety boots or toe capped wellies depending on the weather.

logo'd shirt (fcuk :p), jeans/whatever (fcuk again today, gotta love charity shops). and then with all the money saved on charity shop clothes the most expensive pair of safety boots i can find in some futile attempt to avoid crippling myself forever (i'm with Tel on this one. though i can say i have hurt my foot attempting to save a bottle. and i've hurt a bottle attempting to do that in toecaps.. )

Cat safety boots with steel toecaps and midsole protection are very comfortable and last for years . I have used them for 20 + years now.
The only weak spot with them is the side stiching splitting after years of squatting on the balls of your feet. I know)

logo'd shirt (fcuk :p), jeans/whatever (fcuk again today, gotta love charity shops). and then with all the money saved on charity shop clothes the most expensive pair of safety boots i can find in some futile attempt to avoid crippling myself forever (i'm with Tel on this one. though i can say i have hurt my foot attempting to save a bottle. and i've hurt a bottle attempting to do that in toecaps.. )

I bought a dickies boiler suit (overalls) that take knee pads and have an up and a down zip so you can have a wee quickly if needed. I use the overalls over my regular stuff if I go into attics, chasing or doing general dirty stuff. I love them but they are not logo 'd because I am skint!

In the same 50% off sale in Arco I bought some Dr Martin Thorpe safety boots. I was almost crippled walking to Tesco because of blister to my heal. I've had to get inventive with some neoprene and gaffer tape in the heal area to stop movement. I'll take it out one day - they are getting more comfortable though but I do hate new boot syndrome!

Best way to get rid of blisters.
Get ratted
Get some surgical alcohol
pull the skin off the blister
pour some of the SA on the red skin
climb down from the ceiling
no more blisters promise got that from a SFs dude it works honest

Reply to Workwear how times have changed, what do you wear to work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock