Discuss worst job ever. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lukese

there was a thread a while back asking people what there worst job was i stated mine as a cable void in scunthorpe that was about a meter hight, we had to re wire it, murder.

i would like to retract that statement and go with my current job.

London Underground job and anything associated with them. once you have spent a week saddle clipping pyro with an M4 nut and bolt with a penny washer and an anti vibration washer either side of the HEAVY DUTY extra return flange 50mm tray, you truly know what a bad job is, oh and they make you wear gloves during this task!

had to get that of my chest,

anyone else had any london underground/ network rail (here there just as bad) experiance

Luke

a pain in the a**e can make a bad day
some sites make you get ppe'd up to the eye balls (gloves ,goggles, ear plugs )just for walking on to site ....the worlds gone safety crazy.....and dont get me started on stepladders

haha, surprisingly you can use stepladders on this site, it shocked me ive got used to podioums for a while now which are dangerous, never fell of steps but come of a few podiums!

oh exactly an i have noticed at the end of the job every man and his puppy has got stepladders out and no one says anything whereas before they were throwin them in the skip!!

and they let us use the little step up things..... step off more like!!!

as soon as the door frames go in podiums go out!, too much damage, its all a money making scam, the whole CSCS card is a scam set up by one of the big builders.

totally agree on the "when the finished surfaces go in stepladders come out " post

then they say "have you got PASMA for that scaffolding ?"
some places allow stepladders but you have to do a risk assessment and get a permit to work
and while we are on the subject of risk assessment and method statement the other day me and a lad went to disconnect some site cabins the other day .by the time i'd finished the paperwork he 'd done the job and was waiting in the van!!!!!!

Reply to worst job ever. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net