Discuss Would you give up being a train driver to be an electrician? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Depends on where you're driving trains.

From all accounts, from what I've heard and a friend who is a driver it's a decently paid cushy job. Albeit monotonous.

As title says, what's the life of an electrician like, money, work load etc
If you like driving a train, and it pays well, and the work is regular, then stay a train driver for the world is full of Electricians some very good ones, some good ones and some cowboys who think they are Electricians, I'm retired now and never worked in the domestic field that much, but listening to those who do, I think they would agree it's a cut throat industry.

Can I be a train driver?
Yes you can for a small investment........

Would you give up being a train driver to be an electrician? Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 13.04.45 - EletriciansForums.net

Can I be a train driver?
The spooky thing is I had a conversation over the weekend with a friend of mine who has given up being an electrician to go driving trains!
Best thing he has ever done, he reckons! Easy job, brill money, loads of free time on his hands.
So in answer to the OP - NO!!!!

from what i gather being a train driver is well paid and you have some quite vocal unions covering your back. Even better is a london underground driver. i believe trying to get one of them jobs is like finding a unicorn, its very much closed shop you have to work your way up and be onside with the unions.

from what i gather being a train driver is well paid and you have some quite vocal unions covering your back. Even better is a london underground driver. i believe trying to get one of them jobs is like finding a unicorn, its very much closed shop you have to work your way up and be onside with the unions.
I know 3 train drivers now, 2 of them live in big detached houses, drive nice cars and go on lots of holidays abroad. The other (my mate who I mentioned earlier) has just picked up a nice new 4x4 in place of his old work van.
So go figure.....
Drive a train or become a plumber if you want big money for old rope (tin hat on):eek: :D

I know 3 train drivers now, 2 of them live in big detached houses, drive nice cars and go on lots of holidays abroad. The other (my mate who I mentioned earlier) has just picked up a nice new 4x4 in place of his old work van.
So go figure.....
Drive a train or become a plumber if you want big money for old rope (tin hat on):eek: :D
Train driver= job for life or as long as you want it,

So go figure.....
Train driver= job for life or as long as you want it,
Well at least until teleportation has been improved :D
Well yes but I'm sure you get my drift David

Reply to Would you give up being a train driver to be an electrician? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock