Discuss XS Training in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Doing mine with them mate, all online portfolio, no site visits and an assessor to call if you need anything. Found it pretty good so far!

Ok well I'm gonna do it just wanted to make sure they were legitimate. I've spent two years in college doing my 2330 and all I need now is my NVQ. Would you say this way is better than the college way.?

When I did my 2330, I thought that would be enough, I thought that was the course to get me everywhere I wanted to in the electrical world. But I was pretty naive, it wasn't until I finished the 2330 and a few years later I had to get an ECS card to get on to a particular site, turns out because I hadn't done the NVQ, I could only get the trainee card. So l looked into doing the NVQ just so it was another thing I could add to my belt. I have been on it since January this year and I couldn't tell you how long it'll take me because it all depends on what jobs come up that I can use for my portfolio.

Some people don't believe you need to do the NVQ as there are thousands of excellent electricians without it, who will still be considered a trainee by the JIB. But if you want to do it, go for it, it takes you as long as you are prepared to put in to it. You could probably bang it out in a few months mate providing you can get plenty of evidence!

Reply to XS Training in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock