Discuss You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

YKYASW.....
Your dad now thinks he's one too.

Mum: Can you come over- your dad tried to change a lightswitch...……. No.. it was just a tingle...…. no... its not back on the wall...…...yes. I've told him not to touch it again...……..ok. see you soon...…..

You get there and mum wants you to change a lampshade too. 2 steps up on your own stepladder and she says "be careful on that.... do you want the power off? Have I got time to boil the kettle?"

Been doing this job 30 flippin' years, I think I can balance on two feet!

You know you're a Spark when every person in your neighbourhood who are short of cash, or don't like spending it form a line outside your front door " Hi Pete any chance you could take a look at my electrics" or words to that effect. "there's a drink in it for you" the drink consists of a cup of Tea or coffee. Been there done that got the T shirt.

YKWYAS When her in doors takes you to BnQ looking for decorating stuff and you naturally gravitate to the electrical aisle eavesdropping on the DIYers trying to decide what to buy for the latest job she want's doing, and you have to bite your tongue and hide the snigger, and get the "what are you laughing at" from SWHTBO. Got that T shirt as well, mind you joking aside I did get a few jobs out of that trick, just couldn't help myself.

Reply to You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock