Discuss Your thoughts on bonding this gas pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Surely it is irrelevant if there is a meter fitted or not! if you test it and it needs bonding then you bond it.

I can't believe how much of a deal you are all making out of this, we'll I can actually.

i only asked what you would do with regard to sanding a bit of paint off the pipe, I've already established in going to bond it, I just wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion...

I can't believe how much of a deal you are all making out of this, we'll I can actually.

i only asked what you would do with regard to sanding a bit of paint off the pipe, I've already established in going to bond it, I just wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion...
alrite...scrape the paint off instead with a blunt knife...

look..its up to you how you remove the paint but....

You know that strip of emery cloth which comes with scotchcast joints, the one you keep cos it might come in handy one day. Well you put it around the painted pipe and pull it back and forth until the pipe is all nice nd shiny :)

Unless it's conductive paint. You could get an extra bit of pipe added on top if you didn't want to mess up the paint job!!

Reply to Your thoughts on bonding this gas pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock