Discuss Your thoughts on XS sponsor 18th edition course in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lost the GS38 boots for the probes. Continued using it. Stroked an exposed probe across L +E one careless day. Wasn't much left of the probe.
Easy to do on a grid switch - I may or may not have done that before, taking out the supply for the board and damaging the breaker next to it :confused:
The worst I got was a bit of a dent in the probe - the tester was perfectly functional after that.
I learned my lesson.

I couldn't comment on the 18th edition course but I used XS Training for my NVQ3 and couldn't rate them highly enough.

I don't work for XS Training or this forum.

I agree that "having the 18th edition" will help you get work.

Is it XS training that write it all up for you and then just hold ‘technical conversations’ with you over the phone to determine if you are competent?

I doubt it will make you more employable, any decent employer rates experience over a certificate number. I’d stay 17th for a while and save your cash, no one will demanding it anytime soon.

Completely disagree. As an employer I would filter out those that felt they were not worthy of keeping up to date at CV stage. Also clients love to know their contractors are up to speed on competences.

True, but if you haven't got any experience an agency will ask you if you're 17th edition, which is what they know. If you say you're 18th edition that is the kind of thing they'll be looking for.

Only because they are charlatans and think holding the bolt on course means you are competent.

Only because they are charlatans and think holding the bolt on course means you are competent.
Completely disagree. As an employer I would filter out those that felt they were not worthy of keeping up to date at CV stage. Also clients love to know their contractors are up to speed on competences.

I done my NVQ with XS Training, I would recommend them over a college or centre any day especially for the 18th Edition.
No days off work so no money lost and you can go over the lessons as many times as you like to revise
Their new 18th Edition course can be done off any device that has an internet connection. I've just started it and can do the lessons on the train in the morning on my phone and they've got an audiobook type option for some of it. Plug headphones in and listen while you work.

I have a couple of fluke Txxx and a drummond MTL20 they each have their uses. The fluke for digital read out of V. and the drummond for injecting a value of ohms that can see of phantom voltages. I also have the Martindale tester. Bit fiddly the Martindale and I don't like the trainees using them as you have to be precise in how you use them due to the spring covers. I use the fluke proving unit. Nothing on XS training, but I am doing the update course for £175.

Yeah I forgot I needed to factor in the costs for the 18th edition BBB and on-site guide, a quick search comes up with the books costing around £115 or there abouts o_O
Don't require don't
Yeah I forgot I needed to factor in the costs for the 18th edition BBB and on-site guide, a quick search comes up with the books costing around £115 or there abouts o_O
Remember you can't take the OSG into the exam

Reply to Your thoughts on XS sponsor 18th edition course in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock