Discuss YouTube electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pre 1970's and years onward, plenty could have won Oscars for filming at work........if we'd had the facility.
If someone had turned up on site filming, like some of these jessies, they would have laughed at and kicked off.
Thinking.... I would have loved some photos, though, but there you go.
There was an old WW2 e-boat engine, used as a stand by genny, at one works.....Oh for a film of that starting up.

David Savery swears too much, anyone else thinks he looks like Mr Gilbert from the inbetweeners.

I almost get the impression that he doesn't care much for what people think and I don't mean that to be dismissive of your point.

He maintaned a blog full of his experiences and learning for many years, on his website, that few will ever have read or cared about and his videos aren't much different from his writing.

Came across this video of another youtuber sparks , nice to see a youtuber showing a bit of a commercial electrical installation

(rather than just Chris the old plumber mate picking holes in domestic wiring which is pretty dull if I’m honest)

Ah , but it works so must be fine ...

(me personally would have hacked out the old Mabel and pulled in a new leg)
I think it must be Cockney rhyming slang... Mable & Mellor were an old music hall double act before the war... Mable & Mellor = Fella ? (but don't quote me on that...)

The others I would not employ for free.
Why not? I watch a lot of the main 'offenders' and to a relative newcomer they seem to know what they're talking about and do neat work etc.

Can anyone point out exactly what these people are actually doing wrong? So far i just see people saying they are tedious or boring or they wouldn't employ them but never actually saying why.

Do you have some examples of what they do that is unforgiveable? Because to me their work seems neat and tidy and it all tests ok, so I can't see the problem in it?

I appreciate they might not have the knowledge of some others but they are qualified, and if they do neat, safe work, where is the problem?

The plumber fella reinstated some swa cables and didn't bother to earth the armour he treated them like high tuff.

Poor old Delroy put Henley blocks inside a fuse box ... :)

not his finest hour but still a massive fan of his vids

Although that was a very bad decision and one that he wont ever live down, the majority of his stuff is alright. Not great but ticks the boxes (most the time)
I guess the problem there is that he knows that he should have done it in the first place. That's just shoddy. Like when someone on a recent video I saw had put grommets in only one of the 4 board knockouts. He knew he had to do it otherwise he wouldn't have done the first one, but he's seen the other three and thought 'can't be arsed'. Very poor.

As for the plumber, most of his work seems alright to me. There is a tendancy of other tradesmen especially online to rip the work of others to shreds when in reality there's nothing wrong with it.

I've seen literally perfect work on youtube by some carpenters get some joey in the comments who just has to complain and say how poor it is and how they can do it better. I think it's just the need by some to feel knowledgeable and important. At the end of the day some are out grafting, earning, and some are sat criticising behind keyboards.

Last edited:
I guess the problem there is that he knows that he should have done it in the first place. That's just shoddy. Like when someone on a recent video I saw had put grommets in only one of the 4 board knockouts. He knew he had to do it otherwise he wouldn't have done the first one, but he's seen the other three and thought 'can't be arsed'. Very poor.

As for the plumber, most of his work seems alright to me. There is a tendancy of other tradesmen especially online to rip the work of others to shreds when in reality there's nothing wrong with it.

I've seen literally perfect work on youtube by some carpenters get some joey in the comments who just has to complain and say how poor it is and how they can do it better. I think it's just the need by some to feel knowledgeable and important. At the end of the day some are out grafting, earning, and some are sat criticising behind keyboards.
Maybe so, but I would suggest that anyone who puts their work on show deliberately for all to see, needs to be exceptionally careful to make sure they follow the rules and produce work to a high standard. Otherwise they get what they deserve in the way of criticism.

Maybe so, but I would suggest that anyone who puts their work on show deliberately for all to see, needs to be exceptionally careful to make sure they follow the rules and produce work to a high standard.
Exactly !! That's why you'll never see any of my work on YouTube...

Reply to YouTube electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net