Discuss 18th edition books. Site guide and on site guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dnjr

-
Reaction score
Dear All
Looking at the 18th edition bundles on offer at mo
Some offer regs book and on site guide and some offer
Regs book and site guide
On site guide us the blue one. Site guide appears to be a different thing altogether. Any idea what the difference is
Ta

The Site Guide is by the NICEIC/Elesca, no idea what it is but I would stick to the IET On Site Guide.
Cheers westward. Can always count on you to reply.
Just bought the on site guide and saw the other one Didn’t want to end up with wrong one. Surely NICEIC can’t just be money making ....

The Site Guide is by the NICEIC/Elesca, no idea what it is but I would stick to the IET On Site Guide.
Yes I agree, I asked the question at the Cinema viewing, the answer is as Westward says the "on site guide" is produced by the IET which is the one I would go with, the "site guide" is a virtual copy of the OSG with NICEICs/ELECSAs Take on what they think is a better option, which of course they would, wouldn't they, me I will stick with the IET OSG.

Dear All
Looking at the 18th edition bundles on offer at mo
Some offer regs book and on site guide and some offer
Regs book and site guide
On site guide us the blue one. Site guide appears to be a different thing altogether. Any idea what the difference is
Ta

Have you been sampling the local hooch.

I wouldn’t bother with either of them.

I dunno; its a reasonable attempt by someone to interpret the non plain English & ambiguities of book, written by some quasi scholars & academics, including the likes of NICEIC etc. As they all in cohorts with compiling BS7671 etc etc, and the On-site-guide or the Site Guide, shame they just can't have a directness of speech & writing in the first place.

Has got some pretty pictures, which the 'Regs' lacks.

Yes I agree, I asked the question at the Cinema viewing, the answer is as Westward says the "on site guide" is produced by the IET which is the one I would go with, the "site guide" is a virtual copy of the OSG with NICEICs/ELECSAs Take on what they think is a better option, which of course they would, wouldn't they, me I will stick with the IET OSG.

You might wanna have a look at the committee members for JPEL/64, they all in together making wads of cash out of us lessor mortals.

Have you been sampling the local hooch.
You might wanna have a look at the committee members for JPEL/64, they all in together making wads of cash out of us lessor mortals.
If that's the case Middy, and I'm not doubting you in any way, we, all of us must ask the question, why do the powers that be permit this blatant misuse of trust, they are scamming us rotten, and I'm retired, but still find it abhorrent that this type of thing is still allowed to happen. Sorry for the rant, I don't need to buy these books, but I will solely because I'm interested, and probably in a position where I can, unlike someone just starting out where cash flow is an ever present dilemma.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Don't start bringing all these 18th Ed threads down to this money making, all in it together drone, drone, drone....... posts.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, can't be arsed with anymore. BS7671 compiled by JPEL/64 committee members, the list is endless. The IET are a registered charity (are you a member westward keeping them afloat :) )

I'd like a job with em, if I had the qualies' or the intelligence.

So they all sit down for coffee & biscuits, thrash out a few ideas or concepts. The IET publish it and associate publications, the likes of NICEIC totes companies & peoples on the back of it, BEAMA come up with some ideas about a new protective device, City & Guilds come up with some new courses, Stroma are trying, very trying to pinch Napit members, SELECT are coveting it for themselves in Scotland, etc etc.

Imagine how they would all feel, if the government said that BS7671 etc was a quango and pulled the plug. :)

I'm no expert on manufacturing, but the Domestic Metal Boards for AMD 3 will have cost manufacturers a fortune in R&D and new tooling for manufacturing. Whereas there insulated boards that they already make would have similar profit margin and they are already setup to make. Not to mention probably vast stock levels that had already been produced that they no longer have a market for.

And after all that investment, they may need to ditch it all and start again with AFDD's. If manufacturers have a vested interest in it all, they have a strange way of showing it if you ask me.

I dunno; its a reasonable attempt by someone to interpret the non plain English & ambiguities of book, written by some quasi scholars & academics, including the likes of NICEIC etc. As they all in cohorts with compiling BS7671 etc etc, and the On-site-guide or the Site Guide, shame they just can't have a directness of speech & writing in the first place.

Has got some pretty pictures, which the 'Regs' lacks.
The OSGs are good for rainy days in a caravan in Wales.
Hours of fun playing find the mistake.

Reply to 18th edition books. Site guide and on site guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net