Discuss 20a DP switch for light in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes you must be.
I asked you where you would test Zs, and you have stated at the highest R1+R2 point.
What about at the point where you have conducted the work? How would you determine where the highest R1+R2 point is?
The MWC asks for earth continuity, IR, Zs and polarity, but you have stated that you would not do Zs?
Make your mind up, either you would conduct a Zs test at each point or you wouldn't.
Recently I was asked to install a light in someones porch.
Simple matter as the CU was on the other side of the wall from where the light was to be positioned.
Run a feed from the downstairs lighting MCB to the fitting and then a switched line from there to the 2 gang light switch in the hall which was replaced with a 3 gang switch.
Should I then go to their downstairs bath room at the rear of the house, and drop out all the down lighters out of the newly decorated ceiling to establish which has the highest R1+R2 and then test the Zs?
How would that establish that the wiring I had installed had earth continuity, correct polarity and acceptable Zs?

Never once stated I wouldn't do a Zs test.

With your litle porch light you'd of tested R1 R2, and proved polarity. Your Zs would be taken fronm furthest point on the circuit, might be the porch might not.

Reply to 20a DP switch for light in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if any other sparks who use scolmore click mode have recently noticed a drop in the quality of their accessories...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a single light switch, wired like this.. the 2 wires in com, with a always live wire coming to the switch, and then wire going out to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was ironing and lost power to the bedroom and bathroom. All outlets and lights. I checked the box and reset breakers still no power. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock