Discuss 25yro ceiling fan/light combo issue with smart bulbs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dayradon

DIY
Reaction score
Have a ceiling fan/light combo about 25 yro. florescent, incandescent, and a solid white led bulb work fine. a smart led bulb RGB-wifi acts as if it isn't a good connection and flickers rapidly between what appears a 50% brightness and full. Fan appears to be just a B W G install. other smart bulbs on other ceiling fixtures and led strips work fine (via receptical). tried two bulbs. Kind of at a loss other than to replace the whole unit.

Have you been able to test the RGB bulb elsewhere
Yes. It was a 4 pack. Two above window fine. Two in fan fail as mentioned, swapped with one above window. Problem remains on fan window works fine. I’m just not sure if it’s the fan/light unit or the wiring to do with that ceiling receptacle Since the fan and light seem to work fine with other bulb types

Other info I can add (which makes me suspect the fan unit). Has a reverse switch, 3 speed +off pull chain, on/off pull chain

Last edited:
What voltage do you measure between black and white?

Have a ceiling fan/light combo about 25 yro. florescent, incandescent, and a solid white led bulb work fine. a smart led bulb RGB-wifi acts as if it isn't a good connection and flickers rapidly between what appears a 50% brightness and full. Fan appears to be just a B W G install. other smart bulbs on other ceiling fixtures and led strips work fine (via receptical). tried two bulbs. Kind of at a loss other than to replace the whole unit.
You probably don’t want to hear this but you need to install a new fan

Reply to 25yro ceiling fan/light combo issue with smart bulbs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
I bought a ceiling fan with LED lights. After some time the led lights started flashing when I put them on. Now it does not even jump up anymore...
Replies
Views
Hey - so here is a connundrum! I installed a 5-bulb ceiling light (see pic) but when I put the 4w LED bulbs in, they start making a very rapid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I read through the post that dealt with using 12V LED bulbs in place of incandescent bulbs but my issue is a little different from that...
Replies
Views
Evening guys! I have three of these bulbs on a ceiling light, controlled by a dimmer switch installed by an electrician...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock