Discuss 3 phase upgrade in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wolfiehogan

hi guys ,
i have to install new 3 phase cable to mushroom sheds and am not full sure off the size of cable i need. i have worked it out that i need 5 by 25mm swa. the cable run is 70 meters long and will be buried in the ground and will be ran with 5 other cables of the same size as there are a total of 6 sheds all in a row( does this mean i have to take grouping factor in to consideration). the loads for each shed is 15 amps lights and sockets, 32 amps for cooler all single phase and there is one 3 phase motor taking a 15kw total load. does my cable size sound right to yous that know more than me,
also the 3 phase motor and cooler will never be on together so could i get away with a smaller cable
thank ypu for any helpfull replies

Reply to 3 phase upgrade in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Good day to you. I need electrical drawings urgently and hopefully there is someone that can assist me. They are all for electrical trade test...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I built a house with ground source heating 5 years ago and it's a fairly large house so I have 3 phase supply 80 amps per phase. I had...
Replies
Views
I know the effect of a lost neutral (floating neutral) on a 3 phase system, and the theory of why the line voltages can vary. However, I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock