• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss 4 gang converter socket.. opinions.. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a job coming up within a small office, where they’d simply like to turn a double socket into 2 x double sockets next to desks, for computers/phones etc.

I have been shown these, but not sure how I feel about them, so thought I’d see what the opinion is on here..

1 Gang To 4 Gang Converter Socket | Free Delivery over £50 - https://www.midselec.co.uk/conv4

Andy78

-
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
Flimsy bits of crap that will not last very long.

In my experience.

Strima

-
Arms Access
MK do a 3 gang socket. Not a conversion so you will need to buy patress/backbox

Pete999

-
Arms Access

telectrix

-
Arms Access
add a double with usb ports next to existing. then that's 2 more useable gangs when phones are plugged in the usb ports. winner.

Rpa07

-
Arms Access
MK do a 3 gang socket. Not a conversion so you will need to buy patress/backbox
I saw a triple backbox whilst looking for stuff the other day and couldn’t work out what it was used for - now I know.
I’ve never seen one fitted.

Strima

-
Arms Access
I saw a triple backbox whilst looking for stuff the other day and couldn’t work out what it was used for - now I know.
I’ve never seen one fitted.
Very handy when putting in circuits near phone connections in older properties. You can plug in a phone, router and still have one available for the vacuum cleaner etc.

How many do they want to "convert"? I would probably be ok with one of them but if you're talking quite a few then I would also be concerned with load. Maybe another circuit is required and keep any additions on the ring?

D

Deleted member 26818

Have seen some of these converter/adapter things that you just plug in.
Some feel like they’ll fall out over time.
Some have screws in the side, so you can clamp onto the existing socket.

They are 3-way...but stacking them vertically like this saves floorspace, prevents a tripping hazard(!) and as 1 of the sockets on each faces the wall there is less chance of people plugging extra appliances in, so prevents overloading.

littlespark

-
Arms Access
The leaning tower of cube adaptors.

You could have made that a more interesting photo by plugging a few things in.
Like a 2 bar electric fire, on the top cube

Pete999

-
Arms Access

Trending Threads

Top Bottom