Discuss 48 v adjustable relay for over system hot water heater in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How to have a hot water heater turn off below 50 v and on at 52 v. I have a 48v off grid pv system running our cabin. It has a 5000w inverter. I have been heating our domestic hot water during the day with 120vac and manually turning it off at night in order to preserve the battery capacity. But I wonder if there is an adjustable relay with which I could automatically sense the battery voltage and switch the water heater on at say 52vdc and off at say 50vdc. Preferably those voltages would be adjustable so I can experiment to find the best on off voltages.

Try something like this to monitor the voltage but I would use it to operate a contactor not try to power the water heater through it.

Try something like this to monitor the voltage but I would use it to operate a contactor not try to power the water heater through it.
I had seen these for sale but wondered if they can be wired to close the ac circuit when the dc voltage hits 52 and open the ac circuit when dc voltage gets below 50? I think this is opposite of what they are intended to do.

Reply to 48 v adjustable relay for over system hot water heater in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a solar PV installation (8 x 350W plus 4.6 kWh battery) and wondered how I might best take advantage of it when...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
Dear community, as the Pro Nest are too fare away from my place in Italy, I am seeking here for advice. The actual work will be done then by my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock