Discuss 6A RCBO for this Legrand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Hoping to save some time on this!

Need a 6A RCBO to fit this Tenby / Legrand board - anyone know if they are readily available?

Le Grand.jpg

Thanks

Yes i bought a 40 or 45 the other week. Not cheap but saved messing about.
I think I ordered mine with eddies, but can check if you have trouble ordering one.

I queried with Legrand about fitting one of their RCBO's in a similar looking CU as yours. They said it wasn't compatible & won't fit?

Somebody else said something similar hence the thread!
The 6a MCB I was thinking of replacing with an RCBO, was a Legrand 06156. Legrand said their current RCBO was incompatible with the CU the 06156 was fitted in. Is that the same MCB as in your CU? Let us know if you find the opposite is true, make my forthcoming job a bit easier. :)

Just put a fused connection unit rcd in?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep normally do that myself. However in my particular case, customer is converting existing bedroom into bathroom, and existing bathroom into bedroom, don't ask me why! So new bathroom needs RCD, and existing bathroom pull cord will need converting to normal flush switch. No room at the Inn, where CU is located, but converting mcb - rcbo would have been a good'en.

Depends on whether you take pride in doing a job properly, or just want to bodge it and scarper really
It’s not a bodge in my opinion (and that of others I think), just an acceptable method of resolving an issue. Another example, if someone hasn't an rcd protected RFC whilst using an electric lawn mower, then a socket outlet RCD or adaptor could be an acceptable answer.

If all manufacturers produced their products, that had backward capability or indeed bespoke RCBO's to fit into older CU's, then we were not be having this discussion on how to resolve such an issue. To provide an RCD in an enclosure is arguably more expensive to supply & install than a local FCU RCD, balanced against flushing one cable in a wall in a bathroom for example. I don't bodge anything and run, I explain the options available, with the costings and my recommendations and let my customer decide which way they wish to proceed.

One could argue that having more than one CU is a bodge, when the installation should be upgraded to one that complies with all the latest regulations, but then would be just irresponsibly trashing equipment that is still functional.

I’m disappointed by your childish reply; I would have expected a more constructive response from you.

Hoping to save some time on this!

Need a 6A RCBO to fit this Tenby / Legrand board - anyone know if they are readily available?

View attachment 32763

Thanks

Are you trying to replace the 6A that is in the off position ? as it looks like it is on the RCD protected part of the c.u.
These gray Tenby c.units must be about 15 years old as I think that Legrand took them over and updated the c.u. and JUST rebadged the mcb/rcbo,s to Legrand.
About 3/4 years ago the mcb/rcbo's changed to new type but fit in c,u.

Are you trying to replace the 6A that is in the off position ? as it looks like it is on the RCD protected part of the c.u.
These gray Tenby c.units must be about 15 years old as I think that Legrand took them over and updated the c.u. and JUST rebadged the mcb/rcbo,s to Legrand.
About 3/4 years ago the mcb/rcbo's changed to new type but fit in c,u.

Fyi it's not the 6A named garage, it's on the other non protected side!

I have put a old Tenby and legrand mcb as your photo together with a new legrand mcb and they are exactly the same therefore the new domestic consumer unit rcbo should fit you just need to find a stockest in your area.

UPDATE:

Legrand Uk technical have confirmed that:

1. The RCBO for this product is obsolete
2. The current RCBO will not fit
3. The obsolete part number is 007731 and beware its a 2 width module unit.

I can add that you can find them on internet selling sites

Reply to 6A RCBO for this Legrand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net