Discuss a CLEAN power supply to a music system????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

irish ivan

hi all

I,ve got a curious one for yee.
went to view a job this evening, the client wants a fuse board upgrade.. yeah ok no pobs!!!!
the other thing is he wants a CLEAN power supply to his music system. reckons current drawn by other appliances on the circuit causes noise on the sound system.
I kinda understand what he,s talking about I,m thinking it may be similar to a clean earth for computer system or am i way off????

im thinking a 16amp radial might help a bit.

hi all

I,ve got a curious one for yee.
went to view a job this evening, the client wants a fuse board upgrade.. yeah ok no pobs!!!!
the other thing is he wants a CLEAN power supply to his music system. reckons current drawn by other appliances on the circuit causes noise on the sound system.
I kinda understand what he,s talking about I,m thinking it may be similar to a clean earth for computer system or am i way off????

im thinking a 16amp radial might help a bit.

I can see you ending up married to that job lol, "Audio phools" will pay silly money for things like "oxygen free" cable with "enhanced insulation" which they can hear makes a difference to the sound, run forest, run :) lol

Use some of these on the cable for a squeaky clean supply.

a CLEAN power supply to a music system????? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

nah most so called audiophile's are guilible.

the interference will be from the amp to the speaker. using screened cable to the speakers would be better.

i lol at people that try to act like audiophiles and dont have a clue, most people couldnt tell the dofference between a £100 and £1000 set of headphones let alone speakers.

power cables should be kept away from the speaker cables and it will be fine.

put a separate radial in, one end in the consumer unit, another one into a good quality metal socket (for the looks)
charge £££.
or split the tails and put a separate consumer unit to terminate that radial into. charge more £££.
:)

some good reading here:
Mains Quality

Isolating tx and a TT earth.

What i have to laugh about is that most of these so-called ''Audiophiles'' that reckon they can hear the differences between one component and another are usually in their middle to late 50's and the silly buggers don't realise that both ends of their hearing range has been going downhill since they were 30. The only differences these buggers can actually distinguish between, is what they see on a spectrum analyser or other electronic measuring device....

WTF!! Nearly £580 for an RCA Lead.

Have you seen the £65/metre knitted singles for wiring 'ring mains' or the £25 each. 'Superfuse' 13A plug fuse?

Then of course the £1K+ IEC (kettle) leads.

His non-electrical stuff is pretty amazing too, the expensive lumps of wood to stick under your speakers to make them sound better are a treat! (This does have an effect on subs, acoustic compensators are sometimes used in theatre for this but they are the same random offcuts of ply we use as packing for rostra and bits of scenery)

I had an argument with a guy about HDMI leads.

"It's a digital signal mate. It either works or it doesn't."

"No no no no, i had a hdmi lead that was really bad quality, then i bought a 3m lead for £150 and it was amazing."

"No it wasn't."

"What do you know."

"I know how to crimp a hdmi lead and fault find, i also know its a digital signal and it either works or it doesn't."

Reply to a CLEAN power supply to a music system????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock