Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss A really honest break down of rewire costings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sometimes having 3 or 4 blokes doesn’t always mean the job will be done 3 or 4 times faster , especially if one of them is a brand new apprentice you need to stop every 5 minutes to show how to do things.
a big job like that I would suggest a fortnight for 2 experienced sparks at a nice steady pace. But in artisans case this job seemed to get away from him and needed to work silly hours to get the power back on...
rewires are never easy and as I mentioned in my original post I always seems to underprice them. I used to do silly things like quote £300-350 per room without even really looking properly at things.
would only do rewires on day rate now

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Reaction score
If @ArtElectrics is anything like CJR then the extended job time is explained to the customer and that customer isn't charged for the 'waffle' time, so if it can be done in 3 days with no waffle but 5 days with waffle them the customer is charged for 3 and the spark takes the hit as a running cost.

That's how I'd see it, now whether or not I'd work like that I couldn't say, all we can do is speculate, that said Jordan openly admits he charges higher end rates, presumably factoring in waffle time to make content, and it's evident customers are happy to pay it so it must work for him.

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
In the video he states there were mainly 3 blokes on the job which included Cory and the new apprentice. He ducked in and out to help at times and I guess to also try and film the work. Labour must have been £1000 + per day.

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In the video he states there were mainly 3 blokes on the job which included Cory and the new apprentice. He ducked in and out to help at times and I guess to also try and film the work. Labour must have been £1000 + per day.
His rate for himself + apprentice is £80 per hour iirc (he mention this on a previous video)

no idea what he charges the other sparks out at , but iirc he bases his jobs model on £1000 per day for Labour on most jobs

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know a local company that charge an eye watering £1100 + vat for a sparks and mate on rate per day. Crazy money but I always see their vans out and about so much be busy enough at those prices

Reply to A really honest break down of rewire costings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Latest Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.