Discuss A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Although, just been going through some of the 'comments from customers' on Amazon....I've yet to find one later that 2016, so here's hoping.
Thanks for saying that -- Gush, water surprise! My comment has been deleted within 24 hours. Or possibly they take a long time to be approved... ;-)

Thanks for saying that -- Gush, water surprise! My comment has been deleted within 24 hours. Or possibly they take a long time to be approved... ;-)
None of your posts have been deleted nor are there any awaiting approval.

A while back I emailed ASDA to ask why they were selling dangerous items - with a link to the fatally flawed website. Got waffle back that basically said "blah, blah, suppliers says they are safe - and in any case we are stopping this product shortly anyway". I just haven't got around to emailing them about the replacement - also non-compliant on dimentions.
Problem with dealing with large companies like this is that the buyers are not technical (in general) - for them it's a case of "customer says X, their supplier says it's rubbish and the product is safe", so why should they believe random customer over the supplier's technical people ?
I suppose I could point out that once they've been told of a danger, in any subsequent court case they'd have naff-all defence ...

The other tack I've considered, but SWMBO tends to restrain me on such matters, is to go in at a busy period, and ask loudly at the service desk to speak to the duty manager about the dangerous items they have on sale.

I’ve mentioned these bloody things to my wife who says they are prevalent in the school she works in….
Is there an official HSE document about these or only the Fatally Flawed page?

Check the FF web site - both NHS and Dept. for Education saying "do not use". So absolutely no excuse for any school to be using them.
In fact, you could point out that a school using them would need to have a very robust risk assessment in place to justify explicitly going against expert advice on this matter - and be able to defend that risk assessment in court when facing a a serious charge (which could include corporate manslaughter). If that doesn't get the head and governing body to have a twitchy bum then nothing will.

during my research, I’ve been through the FF website and any links to official government departments such as DoE or NHS come back with dead links.
I’m looking for an official stance on these things rather than a campaign group against them.

I am in no way condoning the use of these. I, as an engineer, understand why they are dangerous and why they shouldn’t be used, but I would like an official government stance before contacting the school head. He may not see them as a problem without official guidance.

It’s the same as places like Amazon still selling them…. They haven’t been banned yet, so they have no reason not to sell them.

during my research, I’ve been through the FF website and any links to official government departments such as DoE or NHS come back with dead links.
I’m looking for an official stance on these things rather than a campaign group against them.

I am in no way condoning the use of these. I, as an engineer, understand why they are dangerous and why they shouldn’t be used, but I would like an official government stance before contacting the school head. He may not see them as a problem without official guidance.

It’s the same as places like Amazon still selling them…. They haven’t been banned yet, so they have no reason not to sell them.
On here there was this thread back in 2016

Attachments

• EFA 2016 002 Final.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 5
Just checked - the first four links on the FF home page all work for me - so NHS, DfE, Parliamentary written question, and BEAMA statement.

I found a whole load of these in a Scottish theatre the other night, removed them all and wrote the website on them in sharpy!

Reply to A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net