• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Adult Apprenticeship (Scotland) in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Evening all

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I joined the forum in the hope that another member may know of some opportunities either currently or coming up in the future for an adult apprentice in Scotland. I am based in the Stirling area but will happily travel if there is an opportunity out there. Currently I am 28 years old and have passed the SECTT Pre-Employment Assessment back in September.

A brief background, I was always interested in getting a trade (specifically an electrician) when I was at school but ended up going the University route instead. Ten years down the line and the want is still here and the career change journey begins.

I know that with the state of the world currently this is probably the worst time to be looking at changing career but hopefully if I talk to enough people, someone will know of something, "shy bairns" and all that!

Cheers

Ring SECTT and ask who the officer is for your local college. Speak to him/her and they might be able to help. These officers are in contact with Scottish employers (like me) and may well know of an opportunity for you. Failing that ring the college and get the SECTT training officers details that way.

I'm desperate for another apprentice/spark but am in the far north west.

Good luck ???

Ring SECTT and ask who the officer is for your local college. Speak to him/her and they might be able to help. These officers are in contact with Scottish employers (like me) and may well know of an opportunity for you. Failing that ring the college and get the SECTT training officers details that way.

I'm desperate for another apprentice/spark but am in the far north west.

Good luck ???
Hi richy3333

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will make those calls today and see where it leads me.

Unfortunate that we aren't closer! All the best with your search for an apprentice/spark.

Thanks again, I will feedback how I get on.

If you get stuck let me know and I'll see if I can get the info for you ?

Your advice was great!

SECTT were really helpful and gave me the details to speak to the local apprentice officer on the phone yesterday. He got me to send over my CV and said that if anyone approached him looking he would pass on my details. As expected the two biggest hurdles that I will have are my age and the current COVID situation so business may start looking later than normal.
I will keep speaking to people in the meantime and see if it can open any doors.

Thanks again!

Reply to Adult Apprenticeship (Scotland) in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net