Discuss Advice for home pc area and extra sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am having fibre to the premises fitted tomorrow, much earlier than expected, supposed to be another month or so.
I looking for some advice on what to get to replace the current 1x4 sockets with 3 extension leads for pc, tv and always on. I am not looking doing the work myself, just some ideas and solutions to resolve the rats tail of mess around the desk.

The 4 sockets currently supply:
Always on = ONT, Router, Printer,Ring doorbell, desk USB charger and network switch.

TV = Tv, nvidia shield tv box, wii U and xbox

PC = Pc, monitor, speakers

Each one of the above is on a seperate extension lead, always on is exactly that, tv and pc are switched on and off as needed.

I was looking for something like a 6 plug socket but the most I've seen was a 4 socket with 2x4 euro modules.

What are the restrictions, if any on using extension leads?

Hope someone can be of help

Lee

Good idea, but looking at getting rid of the ring doorbell soon, they just put subscriptions up and the device is useless, we can walk right past it and get no notifications and have moved the car and it didn't notice.

Thankyou for the idea

Extension leads are perfectly fine if you can hide the cables under the desk somewhere.

Nothing is particularly heavy load, so 4 way or 6 way extensions will be fine. Get the good quality ones with surge protection built in (unless you've got a fairly new consumer unit which has one) and 13A fuses... rather than the 10A ones

You can get professional power block such as these, but at a price:

Reply to Advice for home pc area and extra sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock