• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Advice On Conduit Bender. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot2000

Electrician's Arms
Hi,
I may have a job coming up that will require me to have a conduit bender. There is one local to me on ebay; a Hilmor EL25. However, it does not have the straight formers with it. The seller assures me that it works fine without them, but all the ones I can remember using required them to prevent the conduit kinking. Has anyone any experience of using one of these and could you tell me if I need these straight formers.

Thanks in anticipation,
Jon

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
what do you mean by straight formers? can you post a link to the bender?

7029 dave

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
CBTS.jpg If you are referring to the image bottom right it is an essential piece of the kit. Don't try sticking a small piece of pipe in else it will kink.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
if that piece is missing ot can be bought for around £25. off ebay.

Lucien Nunes

Mercury Arc Rectifier
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
all the ones I can remember using required them to prevent the copper pipe kinking
Fixed that for you. The EL25 comes with a grooved roller as standard for steel work, no guide required.

armour king

S. W. A. all the way
Plumbers use the former guides as they work with soft copper .the conduit blenders we use have a roller , so no need for a " straight guide "
I did all the stainless tube drops in Smithfield market -
The pub opened at 04:30 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.