Discuss Alarm System Risco Group Wisdom in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

yfjfPap

DIY
Reaction score
Hello!
I ve been moved into a new house in which my previous owner doesnt remember his code
The alarm system is from wisdom group Risco
I would like to know if i could bypass the previous code and type a new one or if its possible to reset to default
If none of these can happen please let me know buying new risco alarm system would work with the previous instalation and where i could purshate it

what is the model of the panel? I use Risco and may know the procedure, or find out the phone number for risco . their tech. support is brilliant.

never heard of wisdom here. is it wired, wireless or hybrid?

if you hit on internet risco wisdom u can find it
its wireless, dont know what hybrid exactly is
Its really sad to change the whole alarm system just because the previous owner doesnt remember the old password
i read in manual about placing a jumber to J9 posistion or something like that but nothing change
it looks like i am going to find the password manual , by trying all 9999 codes one by one

I forgot to say i have the wireless key to arm and disarm the alarm system but i only have one key and i need 2 to work it
maybe i could find the password in some way with this key?

Last edited:
Do you know who the installation company is? They can probably reset the codes for you. If you do the reset with J9 It will reset the panel back to factory defaults and the entire system will need reprogramming.

unfortunately i dont know who installed the system
i did the reset with J9 but it looks like it is locked and when re-put it in the previous normal position nothing changes and it just start to beep again
unless i do something wrong
By the way when i first give a try with the jumber and saved the changes it looks like it kept some of my changes but still code is unknown
i mean i place my phone number to send me an sms and when i get into settings it show up my number
But the code isnt changed dont know what happening

Reply to Alarm System Risco Group Wisdom in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net