Discuss All these old tunes being quoted in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All these old tunes being posted, many of us grew up with these sounds, are you youngsters only just discovering how the Pop industry started???? Still in your defence in the years to come, when most of us have gone to the Wholesalers in the sky, you will be winging on about One Direction or Just a Beaver or whatever he is called.

We were incredibly fortunate! We experienced the true "music revolution"..I am referring to those of us who are in the age range about 55+

However, I know a few teenagers who absolutely love the stuff I do, like Neil Young, Yes, The Stones, Tom Petty, The Who, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Genesis, REM (relative newcomers!)oh, the list just goes on and on...
The advent of the Boy Bands changed the game, and that's fine...but show me the boy band that hasn't "sampled" the old masters...for just one example, Wet Wet Wet, love is all around...yup, the Troggs, from 1966.
I've not mentioned the Beatles, but let's be fair, they were revolutionary and inspired many copiers, like Oasis.
We will be listening to the old guys for ever...long after the newbies have gone, I believe.
How likely is Justin Beiber to be gigging in his 70s? Or any of the new wonder bands and artistes manufactured to win TV shows?
Will anybody ever listen to John Denver or James Taylor in 20 years from now?
I think so...

what i can't understand is these so called "boy bands" and "girl bands". titles. bands play instruments, not glorified krapioke singers screeching to a backing track. all these current female pop divas sound like cats mating, but without the harmony.

Putting Rap to one side (the very far side) because I have never considered it music,there is now and always has been good music throughout and even since the advent of radio for the masses
The only difference between the times is newness,creativity is based on finding something new to produce,the sixties + seventies was as if the younger generation had discovered this enormous land where songs could be found in all genres,it was discovered by so many playing and composing what they sang and at the forefront was the genius of the Beatles

These days composing is done as if its churned out from preset machinery sitting in factories of Hit making,the individual who composes and performs his own material is nowadays thought of as some sort of genius of his times,the likes of Ed Shearan would probably have been just another of the so many talented pool if he were of the sixties or seventies,lucky old Ed eh,he is a big fish in a very small pond instead of being a sardine in a ocean of marine life
were he of a earlier time

We were incredibly fortunate! We experienced the true "music revolution"..I am referring to those of us who are in the age range about 55+

However, I know a few teenagers who absolutely love the stuff I do, like Neil Young, Yes, The Stones, Tom Petty, The Who, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Genesis, REM (relative newcomers!)oh, the list just goes on and on...
The advent of the Boy Bands changed the game, and that's fine...but show me the boy band that hasn't "sampled" the old masters...for just one example, Wet Wet Wet, love is all around...yup, the Troggs, from 1966.
I've not mentioned the Beatles, but let's be fair, they were revolutionary and inspired many copiers, like Oasis.
We will be listening to the old guys for ever...long after the newbies have gone, I believe.
How likely is Justin Beiber to be gigging in his 70s? Or any of the new wonder bands and artistes manufactured to win TV shows?
Will anybody ever listen to John Denver or James Taylor in 20 years from now?
I think so...
Don't forget the best the Moodies, the Who, Quo, and the rest,David Gilmore, Kinks, Shads, The Floyd now you'e talkin, sugest all the wannabes tyry listening to some decent Music instead of all this made up carp they call music these days, load of old tosh.
[automerge]1567352140[/automerge]
Don't forget the best the Moodies, the Who, Quo, and the rest,David Gilmore, Kinks, Shads, The Floyd now you'e talkin, sugest all the wannabes tyry listening to some decent Music instead of all this made up carp they call music these days, load of old tosh.

Here you are Pete
And what's wrong with that??????????????????????

Love you long time, rapparee!
[automerge]1567352582[/automerge]
Pete999, I agree wholeheartedly! Just didn't have time to list them all...
Back in those days the bands wrote the lyrics, the music, and actually played their instruments...everything was new.
Nowadays...studio-produced crap. Many of those famous guys (and gals) wrote music for other folks too, they were true innovators.
Nowadays, it's like Tesco...you buy what is on the shelf. Clothes and fashion? The same.
Not me...I still wear flared jeans and loon pants and when I stand on my hair i go for a trim!
[automerge]1567352623[/automerge]
Oh! Love him or hate him, leonard cohen was simply amazing!

Last edited:
you missed out Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and dare i mention Dolly (won't fall on my face) Parton.

Oh, again!
Just for fun!
Anyone a fan of the Doobie Brothers?
Here is your pub quiz question, and no cheating!!!
On the album, The Captain and Me, there is a track which is not listed on the sleeve (we're talking LP here!) but is listed on the label stuck to the record itself...it's an instrumental...
what is the track called?

a short bit of the Doorsjust for any newbies that's not seen it.
[automerge]1567353364[/automerge]
Oh, again!
Just for fun!
Anyone a fan of the Doobie Brothers?
Here is your pub quiz question, and no cheating!!!
On the album, The Captain and Me, there is a track which is not listed on the sleeve (we're talking LP here!) but is listed on the label stuck to the record itself...it's an instrumental...
what is the track called?
was it busted down around o'connelley corners?

Last edited:
Yes, tel...I also missed out The Eagles, Colisseum, Billy Joel, Manfred Mann, Carole King, and hundreds of others!
I have to admit I am a Dolly fan too!
If I had to choose a more recent female artist, it would be:

With over 382 million views, I have to confess that most of them were me...
[automerge]1567353423[/automerge]
Well done Tel!
I'll buy you several pints when we meet!
[automerge]1567353509[/automerge]
I have to believe that you actually knew that, Tel!
[automerge]1567353618[/automerge]
No offence to danny199, but this is a better thread than Trench depth-Clarification
[automerge]1567353751[/automerge]
Loved that video, Tel!
Just brilliant!

Last edited:
[automerge]1567352140[/automerge]

And what's wrong with that??????????????????????
Probably one of the first manufactured girl bands

They plagiarised Lord Invader

It's been going on for years

jimmy riddle? was he country and western?

Aha! It worked!
(waits 3 minutes.....)
[automerge]1567354282[/automerge]
The problem with the auto-merge is that it kills spontaneity...
OOPS Sorry, missus!
[automerge]1567354300[/automerge]
Damn!

Yes, tel...I also missed out The Eagles, Colisseum, Billy Joel, Manfred Mann, Carole King, and hundreds of others!
I have to admit I am a Dolly fan too!
If I had to choose a more recent female artist, it would be:

With over 382 million views, I have to confess that most of them were me...
[automerge]1567353423[/automerge]
Well done Tel!
I'll buy you several pints when we meet!
[automerge]1567353509[/automerge]
I have to believe that you actually knew that, Tel!
[automerge]1567353618[/automerge]
No offence to danny199, but this is a better thread than Trench depth-Clarification
[automerge]1567353751[/automerge]
Loved that video, Tel!
Just brilliant!
shakira.......

Just had a look at the new posts...crikey!
I'll never get through them all today...
Guys, get a grip! there's some serious stuff here!

Aha! It worked!
(waits 3 minutes.....)
[automerge]1567354282[/automerge]
The problem with the auto-merge is that it kills spontaneity...
OOPS Sorry, missus!
[automerge]1567354300[/automerge]
Damn!
yep.can't make sense out of your last post. it's all auto merge and can't see what you're answering to.

Reply to All these old tunes being quoted in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock