Discuss Am I Too Old to spark (for older sparks)? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Phil d , your post reminds me of the 2391 course I was on . The vast majority had no understanding of what they were trying to achieve and had little or no knowledge when it came to the practical.
Most of the older Sparks spent their time coaching them and explaining things to them in the workshop before the practical assessment came up.

Out of the 24 that started the course only 17 completed it and only 7 passed. All applicants satisfied the colleges entry requirements.
yes I worked for a chap once who was younger than me and kept going on about his 2391 and how good he was one day we had a fault to find and he didn,t know where to start when he asked me I just replied "you,ve got the 2391 and think your better than me you sort it out" guess what? he couldn,t lol

yes I worked for a chap once who was younger than me and kept going on about his 2391 and how good he was one day we had a fault to find and he didn,t know where to start when he asked me I just replied "you,ve got the 2391 and think your better than me you sort it out" guess what? he couldn,t lol

This was similar , they where full of confidence and really believed they knew what they where doing. Some had spent over ÂŁ1000 pounds on courses and had brought along their new Multi testers, they had obviously been led to believe that they were ready for the course. (not by the college by the way) I't was't their fault , it's down to the scams that lead them to believe that they "can do it". I genuinely felt sorry for them when they realized they where out of their depth and had wasted a lot of their cash and had been completely demoralized.

Reply to Am I Too Old to spark (for older sparks)? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net