Discuss Any one used CP Fuse Box???? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Curtis Mal

EF Member
Hi just wounding has anyone fit anything by CP fuse box? They seem to be a cheap make of consumer units.

I ended up fitting a CP fuse box SPD main switch unit as I was struggling to find a manufacturer that was reasonably priced. However I must it admit felt really well made and even had a cable clamp inside for the tails but something inside me is still saying avoid because it’s so cheap.

Any views?

Andy78

Respected Member
They are getting good reviews so far from first time installers. I'll be trying them soon after my current stock of boards is depleted.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
I would recommend doing a bit of research before using new and unheard of products..
This company was only started a couple of years ago, they have more liabilities than assets and haven’t filed any profit/loss statements for last 2 years..
The guy who owns the company used to work for controlgear direct, which is which is also badged up as Lewden..
I suspect that CP Electric are getting there gear from somewhere like CG direct and then just shipping it out..
They aren’t manufacturers; stick to the likes of Hager, Wyler, etc

Matthewd29

Regular EF Member
Had to add a circuit to one had the very cheap proteus feel to it where every breaker sits slanted and the lid doesn't fit properly would not even consider buying one

bill01803

Regular EF Member
I was rather impressed that the main switch core components are copper so they shouldn’t melt like the Lewden/CGD

Electrician Talk