Discuss Anybody have experience installing ceiling speakers? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Basically I've got a lithe audio ceiling speaker, problem is it comes with a 3 pin plug and some people say they've has theirs installed by having a socket inside the ceiling. I

'm pretty sure that's not Ideal, it needs 24V 2.5A but I can't just buy a transformer as it's got one of those round connectors 12v electricals have.

Can anybody point me in the correct direction? Rather not do a botched job by just whacking a socket on a joist seems a bit mental.

Can you post a photograph of the speaker, the connecting plug and any instructions that come with it?

If it requires a standard 3 pin socket, then you need to put one in. It will be accessible if the speaker is ever removed from the ceiling,

Bluetooth connection to music source?

Reply to Anybody have experience installing ceiling speakers? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've got 24V computer fans, but the output for the fan power ports are 12V, and I'm trying to figure a way to it connect them to my computer. The...
Replies
Views
Morning all, wondered what your thoughts are here. I‘m doing a rewire in a property along with a new consumer unit for a client. they have now...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, hope you can help Recently we've completed an EICR on a commercial property and it's thrown up some issues with the lighting. The...
Replies
Views
Sam cook
S
Hi, I am trying to prepare a quote and am wondering the best way to approach this particular installation as it is not something I have...
Replies
Views
M
First of all I would like to thank you for the sticky on Child Plug sockets. Will be sure to pass this info around. I had an idea to fit accent...
Replies
Views
mik_dundee
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock