Discuss Anyone Got Any Idea What This Is? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Vitesse

image.jpeg I got an email from a owner of a light commercial unit (old printing unit) and I have recently done an EICR that failed and is still ongoing follow up work to get a satisfactory.

The owner\landlord is not a problem and is trying to pass some of the costs onto the tenants because frankly they are taking the P on how they are treating the place.

Today they sent an email to the owner saying that the electrician (me) had left behind something that they think is a health and safety issue!

I am not getting stressed at all as the owner is sound and paying his invoices and thinks that the tenant is taking the pi**.

Any idea what this is? Looks like a bearing of some sort to me, not sure what the H&S issue is they are trying to pull.

More info please.... does it turn, if so does it have continuous turning or does it reach a limit like on say a potentiometer... at a guess I'd say it's just a roller guide off a printing press, you would get a row of these and just kept the paper flat as it entered or left the machine.

H&S has become the most vague and generic excuse to legitimise anything nowadays.

By the sound of it they wanted to kick off about something and this was all they could find.
Nothing in itself can be a 'health & safety issue' on it's own, there needs to be a description as to why it could be unsafe - nothing is 'implied', they may as well have just said you "caused a problem" and just left it at that.

I have not seen the item myself, so I can't say whether it rotates on the end of that little shaft. It does look like a paper roller for a printer or something as suggested. I will send it to a mate of mine who is a printer and see what he says.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

If you don't know what it is it's unlikely that you left it there.
Email the landlord back asking what it is. Best case scenario it might help jog your memory, although I don't see how you could act on this, worst case scenario it demonstrates that you probably didn't leave it there.

It is associated to the tenants , its another knob...

I can't see what it has to do with Heath and Safety though

Depending on what the print shop is producing it could have a great impact not on H&S but health and hygiene regulations.

Food packaging comes under the health and hygiene regulations.

Reply to Anyone Got Any Idea What This Is? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net