Discuss Anyone know more about these OLD BNO main isolators ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ive mentioned it in another thread but thought I would make a specific post !! From a quick look its a "piston type " affair .The leaver lifts up and pulls out the rod in the middle .A bar has to be inserted to the rod that then allows the lever to roll upwards pulling etc .

I'm old ...but never seen such a beast and if possible DONT want to touch it as i hear they can be hard to to turn back on due to the connections moving sometimes ...
IMG_0811.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive mentioned it in another thread but thought I would make a specific post !! From a quick look its a "piston type " affair .The leaver lifts up and pulls out the rod in the middle .A bar has to be inserted to the rod that then allows the lever to roll upwards pulling etc .

I'm old ...but never seen such a beast and if possible DONT want to touch it as i hear they can be hard to to turn back on due to the connections moving sometimes ...
Not much help to you but Luton town hall built 30s has lots of similar looking equipment that has long been decommissioned, same font and colour so yeah if that hasn’t been switched off for 30+ years then I wouldn’t touch it as you know it won’t turn back on!

I would be very reluctant to operate something like that unless I know it had been regularly used (e.g. one per year factory maintenance). Even if no BANG! FLASH! risk as metal enclosed, I would suspect internal contacts, fulcrums, etc, to be seized up and risk that permanent mechanical damage occurs.

Reply to Anyone know more about these OLD BNO main isolators ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock