Discuss anyone know of a white surface mount 2 gang box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
anyone know of a white surface mount 2 gang box with side entries ?
20mm round conduit radial around garden office, plenty of top entry ones about but cant find any side entry ones

cheers

The reason is because of the screw threads. You may end up having to drill your own, carefully, using a PVC pattress.

Alternatively, could you just Tee off a run of straight conduit above or below?

Seriously now. No, I don't believe they exist with conduit knockouts in the sides. I've never seen one anyway.

Metalclad has side entry, if you didn't know

The yanks do one but I’d rather buy British or if I have to drill my own.
Different size!

One of those stepped/cone shaped cutters can make a good job, albeit some "plastics" are prone to cracking, but if you drill it slowly it usually works. PVC is easier as nicebutdim mentioned.

I use PVC boxes and a holesaw.
MK pvc boxes are pretty good although the knockouts are not knockouts just somewhere to stick the holesaw.

Had similar problems looking for a 1 gang PVC box for a light switch. The knockout options are either a 20mm which is so easily accidentally knocked out or a rectangular hole suitable for MT2 25mm mini trunking. (On top and bottom sides)
The existing switch cable came down in MT1... Just had to very carefully drill a hole through the rectangular knockout without actually knocking it out.

For your problem, yes have to drill your own holes, but I’d use female adaptors as the male ones protrude into the boxes more and may stop the socket from being fully screwed back.

For your problem, yes have to drill your own holes, but I’d use female adaptors as the male ones protrude into the boxes more and may stop the socket from being fully screwed back.

I'd be inclined to mark hole centre 25% from top or bottom. Granted it wont look as pleasing to the eye, but would avoid fixing holes and any possibility of cable damage.

I do prefer females bushes to male though (no pun intended).

Had similar problems looking for a 1 gang PVC box for a light switch. The knockout options are either a 20mm which is so easily accidentally knocked out or a rectangular hole suitable for MT2 25mm mini trunking. (On top and bottom sides)
The existing switch cable came down in MT1... Just had to very carefully drill a hole through the rectangular knockout without actually knocking it out.

About the female grommets good shout, I went to b and q as they have stuff on display and the very same thought crossed my mind.

Reply to anyone know of a white surface mount 2 gang box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock