Discuss Appliance Test Forms ( Domestic Use) in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I am going to do some Appliance testing for a Charity shop, could anyone comment on it please, been out of the game for awhile ow, just had my PAT tester callibrated .
no I don't have the 5th edition, will prob get it, but just for domestic items you would find in a charity shop I not sure I need one, I am certainly not going to do for monitary purposes .

cheers
Spike

Attachments

• SCreen shot 24.05.22.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
I would put all the ID data together at the left: Make/model/serial/log No. Then the Protection class and fuse rating, and power rating if you like but I don't include this. Then the results in order: Visual, earth res, ins res, leakage current, pass/fail status, comments. To be pedantic, the correct format for a numerical table column header is normally quantity/unit E.g. resistance/ohms or leakage current/mA where / literally means "divided by", e.g. current divided by the unit of mA is just a number.

There is a sample table in the ACoP but I'm not near it to have a look.

I would put all the ID data together at the left: Make/model/serial/log No. Then the Protection class and fuse rating, and power rating if you like but I don't include this. Then the results in order: Visual, earth res, ins res, leakage current, pass/fail status, comments. To be pedantic, the correct format for a numerical table column header is normally quantity/unit E.g. resistance/ohms or leakage current/mA where / literally means "divided by", e.g. current divided by the unit of mA is just a number.

There is a sample table in the ACoP but I'm not near it to have a look.

Cheers for that, will edit it when I get home. Regards
Spike

I think it's worth getting the 5th edition CoP, as it demonstrates your attention to keeping up to date, and helps your position if any queries arise from your work.
For stuff in a charity shop, which is going to be sold on, I wouldn't provide a comprehensive register as it will be out of date fairly quickly, unlike in a rental house where the asset list is useful as the appliances you test may well be present for a number of years, and you can cross-reference on the next visit and see what items have been replaced/binned/added etc.

Not many charities take electrical goods near me, but I found one and offered to do testing for them. The manager said I had to apply on the website, so I looked there and indeed they were looking for testers, so I applied and I'm awaiting an answer...but not holding my breath as that was 5 years ago! I wasn't asking for payment.

I think it's worth getting the 5th edition CoP, as it demonstrates your attention to keeping up to date, and helps your position if any queries arise from your work.
For stuff in a charity shop, which is going to be sold on, I wouldn't provide a comprehensive register as it will be out of date fairly quickly, unlike in a rental house where the asset list is useful as the appliances you test may well be present for a number of years, and you can cross-reference on the next visit and see what items have been replaced/binned/added etc.

Not many charities take electrical goods near me, but I found one and offered to do testing for them. The manager said I had to apply on the website, so I looked there and indeed they were looking for testers, so I applied and I'm awaiting an answer...but not holding my breath as that was 5 years ago! I wasn't asking for payment.
Hi
Thanks for your reply, I think I can get up to date info from the web about 5th Ed, for my needs, if not I won't be doing tests untill I do, I just think it is a rip off and always has been, but then thats my opinion .

Ok, here is the final "Form" hope it is ok and of course if anyone wants a .pdf sending to them I will, with there heading or I will just leave the top name blank.
PS: The info on the bottom I will prob take out ! .
cheers
Spike

Attachments

• Appliance Testing Register rev d 24.05.22.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Appliance Test Forms ( Domestic Use) in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net