• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Aritech CS450 "Trouble" light on keypad in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Peter Morgan

EF Member
I have a Aritech CS450 which has been working fine for a number of years. All of a sudden the "Trouble" light came on the keypad.
I checked the logs and it showed "Fuses", so I checked the fuses - all ok
did a walk test - all ok
Tried an engineer reset - no different - light still on

The system seems to work as normal. i.e alarm trips if set and external sirens go off etc.

Anyone have any other ideas as to what my problem may be?
Thanks in advance.....

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
battery past it's useful life???

Peter Morgan

EF Member
Have you cleared the logs?
Thanks for the prompt reply... How do I do that? In the user manual it just says :-
"The Engineer Log can store up to 150 events. It is
not deleted by an arming."
and
I can't find any reference to clearing this log in the user manual.
The operator log shows nothing as "stores up to 10 alarms and
faults that occurred since the last arming." and there have been no faults/alarms since the last arming.

Strima

Electrician's Arms
Has the battery been checked and also the system voltage to the battery?

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.