Discuss assessment advice and much more for niceic???????? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

luke teague

So far to to date i have paid out.
£450 niceic
£180 proving unit, voltage tester, socket tester, r2 wonder lead
£100 public libillity axa where the cheapest by far.
£800 for testers (got these a while back)
£65 new regs book
£100 other books and stuff
£585 17th edition course
£450 niceic testing course (done a while back)
£850 domestic installers course (done ages ago)
£400 city and guilds 2360 part 1 + a year out of my life going full time (about 8 years back)
£250 materials for 2 jobs
££££ labour for the jobs
£500 Van insurance
£200 Office supplies
£500 laptop
£180 van tax
£2000 for van
£200 sign writing

£7810 to date without including CALIBRATION, CERTS, WEBSITE, lost labour, Desk, chair, filing cabinet, TOOLS.
£££££££ tools cant put a price on as i av been robbed so many times!!!
AND IM STILL NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY OUT ELECTRICAL WORK UNTIL THEY SAY SO.

Plus loads more
Im going skint and can NOT afford another assessment if i fail this or the inspector takes a dislike to me lol

WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE SURE I PASS!
:)

Any advice guy??
I am so worried as i have bills to pay and can NOT go on like this for much longer. IM SKINT

IM IN DEBT BECAUSE IM DOING THING THE RIGHT WAY. WAS SO MUCH BETTER OFF BEFORE WHEN I HAD PEOPLE SIGNING MY WORK OFF FOR ME.
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate sorry to hear your happenings, is this for the fully approved nic?

i passed me domestic installer a week ago, and they had a tick sheet of stuff you do and dont comply with. did they not tell you what areas they aint happy with?

rich

na for domestic installers, what a joke they don't tell you... how can you improve if you don't know.

how did it go?
what was it like?

as discussed in PM they had a sheet which they checked off and had all areas they were and were not happy with, they should be able to tell you why youve not passed.

Is this your 1st assessment mate or have you failed one ? am sure your getting worked up over nothing and you,ll fly through this time :)

its my first one, im a bit rusty on the testing side of thing and tryed 2 book another testing course to refresh my knowledge.
but i av 2 do 17th first and going on that monday so not enough time b4 my assessment

passed my 17th edition. Was fairly easy as every answer is in that book. just took loads of notes and stuff before hand. i also wrote a list of pages where certain tables are found that was really helpful.
my assessment is on 11th i am well worried.
the first job is a major and second a minor.
the first one is at my house a full board change to a new dual rcd one.
should be fine.
my only worry is the second one the minor.
changed 5 socket covers all on same ring, the customer dont want anything else done as it council just them cos they where really old and dirty.
sounds stright forward enough i know but its a flat with old re-wireable fuses.
the board is a pain to get at as its in a metal meter cupboard and the client didn't want me touching it (a bit of a nut case) i said it would be easyer if i removed the metal cupboard only 4 screw but they r painted over he dont want me touching it.
i took the Zs reading highest was 0.36 and i am going to break the ring at a socket for R1 + R2 is this ok got to go back there tomorrow.
what shall i do for insulation resistance.
the cables are singles in trunking whats the easyest way of finding out the end to ends so i can do a figure of 8. without having to remove the painted over trunking lid.

what shall i say about insulation resistance?.

will doing the live and nutreal together when doing insulation resistance not damage transforms or anything?

Luke - why pick such a dodgy job as your 2nd job? It is your choice what jobs to submit, and I would have waited until I got a really good second job for assessment.

hi luke im in the same boat as u mate just costing me the earth there is always something else to get do u have to have the labc to come to your minnor job as well :confused:

i have choosen them jobs because they are the only ones i can do at short notice. I used to do loads for builder full rewires and installations, but its not like i can phone the people up and ask them. i used to have a bloke come sign stuff off for me and then worked for an niceic firm, I used to do all the testing and installations for another bloke to take credit for cos he would write my reading in his form.
Its such a pain in the arse, i no i can do it, and have been for 10years.
is it fine do the R1+R2 from a socket on the ring other than the board. I can not see the difference and makes it alot easier on a messy board.
whats the easyest way you guys tell single L N E for end to end tests?

hi all it all went well! :) not nearly as scary as people make out, the bloke was fine, they just see's if you can do your job.
Asked me loads of questions about everything, but if you read up you will no them.

hi luke, yeh the costs are crippling, insurance p.i is only £60 with zurich and if you can find a i.t savy mate you can get work through the net(all about getting the search engines to come to you)
stick with it mate , oh yeh on the ring its just the other incoming cable(line 1 to line2etcthe main test bein r1+r2,take both ends of ring cable and cross connect line of 1cable to cpc of other cable and visa versa)
druid

Reply to assessment advice and much more for niceic???????? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock