Discuss Assistance with my installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The original post said nothing about specific factors. So unless it's a metal container, swimming pool, caravan or some other type of special location there are no regs saying it can not be exported.
Nobody said any different.

It has already been mentioned on here that you are not 'EXPORTING' TN-C-S you are utilising a cpc derived from a TN-C-S earthing system.

Another misworded publication. The schemes actively promote the term 'exporting'.

Tim at post #33

Exporting a PME earth isn't as simple as you suggest, as there will be a number of factors that have to be taken into account, depending on its use.
You wouldn't want to be running a 16mm 3 core swa to a customers wooden potting shed that is 2mtrs away, has no extraneous earths and has just one lighting point.

On the other hand, you wouldn't want to export to a cattle shed.

Not saying you would, but you could.

Maybe but to export it you would have to do exactly that. The fact that you could have a 'special location' downstream in some cases may not be relevant. I could have a bathroom in this downstream location but could still employ the TN-C-S derived earth.

Maybe but to export it you would have to do exactly that. The fact that you could have a 'special location' downstream in some cases may not be relevant. I could have a bathroom in this downstream location but could still employ the TN-C-S derived earth.
Having a bathroom on a TNCS is fine as long as you keep to the regs but there are some special locations where a TNCS can not be used.

You will find that you have to be quite careful of the wording on this forum otherwise you get pounced on by the bully boys 🤣
@default my apologies if it came across as bullying. I'm always conscious people search this forum for advice and thought it a little dangerous to leave the word "isolator" in there. And it could have been construed to mean a "sub-main" never needs an RCD.
Anyway, nothing personal! I'm sure most of us knew what you meant, the concern was a DIY hero reading it.

@default my apologies if it came across as bullying. I'm always conscious people search this forum for advice and thought it a little dangerous to leave the word "isolator" in there. And it could have been construed to mean a "sub-main" never needs an RCD.
Anyway, nothing personal! I'm sure most of us knew what you meant, the concern was a DIY hero reading it.
I wasn't referring to you Tim 🤣

Reply to Assistance with my installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net