Discuss Backstabbing: electrician says all outlets in home should be replaced? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was looking at something on youtube about wiring outlets and they mentioned that using the back stabs to hook up outlets was not a good idea and so I googled to see if that was the consensus and came across this thread..

Reply to Backstabbing: electrician says all outlets in home should be replaced? in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three outlets (that I can find) that are showing open neutral. I have 80v across hot and neutral, 120v at hot to ground and 28v neutral to...
Replies
Views
Our family room is part of an addition built a few years ago. We had an issue with nuisance tripping on an AFCI and the electrician came and...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Our home is about 40 years old and equipped with original two Federal Pacific breaker boxes. Until now we have never had any problems. A 30 AMP...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock